SENIOR MEDICAL DEVICE ENGINEER II (700-3948)
(SENIOR ENGINEER II, R&D)
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
ANGLETON, TX (Soon to move to Pearland, TX)
We are searching for a senior level mechanical, or biomedical engineer to represent Merit’s Salt Lake City based R&D department in Merit’s Angleton/Pearland plant. This individual will be responsible for managing R&D projects which are conducted in the Angleton/Pearland plant. This individual will be expected to contribute to product design solutions, manufacturing process development and qualification, and problem solving/root cause analysis. This individual will lead Angleton/Pearland engineers assigned to the projects, and reports to the Director of R&D in Salt Lake City. Leadership and an ability to communicate and cooperate effectively are important in addition to strong engineering skills.
Merit is currently expanding our presence in the Houston area with a new and expanded plant under construction in Pearland, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to enter this rapidly growing international company at a level where the right individual can have real impact with true advancement potential
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
• Senior R&D process development activities for new products in medical device manufacturing plant
• Interface with and work effectively with operations personnel and management in plant
• Personally perform, and direct other engineers/technicians in the activities described below
• Reports to R&D in South Jordan, UT (corporate) to a Director of R&D, with a “dotted line” administrative report to the General Manager for the Angleton site.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Planning, organizing and supervising new Process Development
• Performs risk assessments (PFMEA) for new and existing processes
• Develops Process Validation Plans and protocols
• Manufacturing Process Maintenance and Improvement
• Process Qualification/Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
• Troubleshooting and problem solving
• (DOE) Design of Experiments
• Root Cause Analysis including Corrective and Preventive action plans
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting -- up to 50 lbs
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
• Chemical vapors
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with ten years previous related experience, or Master's Degree with eight years previous related experience, or a Ph.D with five years previous related experience.
• Ability to independently apply analytical skills, complex scientific technical principles, and detailed knowledge in solving engineering problems and developing manufacturing processes
• Demonstrated computer skills: Excel, MSWord, Minitab, 3D Solid Modeling CAD (SolidWorks Preferred).
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively to lead small teams in process development, improvement, and root cause analysis.
• Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
• Process Development
• Scientific problem solving
• Inventions/new designs/techniques
• Work/Project supervision
• Strong Leadership and Communication
Infectious Control Risk Category 0:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. There is no risk of exposure in this position
External candidates: Please submit an application on our website www.merit.com/careers to be considered. Click browse current openings to see the several pages of openings. Click the page numbers to see other openings.
Internal candidates: Please log in to the employee services part of the Merit Metro and go under the "Merit Job Openings" button to view and apply to the opening. This can only be done while at work, not from home.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
Merit Medical Systems Inc. - 16 months ago