Micron Technology is a leader in the semiconductor industry developing and manufacturing DRAM and NAND Flash products. As part of the continued growth in non-volatile memory technologies, Micron continues to invest in the internal development of Solid State Drives (SSD). As a Senior Memory System Architect, you will work as an integral part of the architecture and product planning team to define storage systems for our customers.
Your new responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Identify and define new innovative product concepts and memory architectures
- Maintain strong technical engineering relationships with customer/partner system architects and key technologists to identify and define new innovative memory products
- Work with Micron technologists, design engineers, and engineering teams to ensure successful implementation and feasibility demonstration of new product concepts
- Develop new product/architecture specifications
- Help to choose concepts for feasibility demonstration
- Generate new intellectual property and patents
- Evangelize Micron's new products, technologies, and capabilities; Attend and represent Micron at appropriate industry consortia, technical organizations, and technical conferences
- Identify key industry technical trends and competitive landscapes; Stay abreast of new advanced technology and architecture trends in the market
- Guide and consult feasibility and go to market teams
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- A minimum of five years of design, product, test, support, system, or applications engineering experience.
Systems experience, including:
- Experience in SSD and or HDD failure analysis and/or troubleshooting Operating systems: Linux, Windows, VMware Device drivers & Firmware Storage devices Working knowledge of SATA, SAS or PCIe interfaces
Technical Skills, including:
- Detailed knowledge of NAND Flash, solid state drives, and or hard disk drives
- Storage protocols: SCSI, NVMe, SCSI express
- NAND interfaces: ONFI, toggle, etc NAND Management: error detection and correction
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and disciplined abilities
- Ability to work with other engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions
- Ability to travel and be available for international travel
It has been and will continue to be the policy of Micron to administer all human resource actions and benefits without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran's or other legally-protected status. Each manager, supervisor, and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy.
The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters. To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Micron Technology is one of the largest memory chip makers in the world. It makes DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory), NAND Flash, and NOR...