Senior Merchandiser, Men's Active - Old Navy
At Old Navy We Make Value Cool.
From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people. It could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 and we've been on a tear ever since. We were the fastest retailer to reach $1 billion in sales within four years and today we're one of the largest apparel brands in North America, operating more than 1000 stores across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. Over 350 million (that's not a typo) customers cross our doors and spend over $5 billion dollars with us each year.
- Develop and gain approval for Department seasonal strategies and prioritize tasks to support Division strategies and meet financial targets.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop Department key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer store experience.
- Approve the ranking of all styles within the Department based on historical and current product performance, as well as marketplace information.
- Eliminate redundancies in the product assortment.
- Position Department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Gain approval for the Department's seasonal investments and quarterly financial plans.
- Validate costing and placement strategies with Production.
- Formulate Department pricing strategies.
- Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
- Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
- Communicate seasonal Department strategies to key functional areas in order to focus the team towards a common goal.
- Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Share information cross-brand and cross-channel where appropriate.
- Partner with employees to provide them with the appropriate tools and training for their development.
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years of retail buying experience & 1-3 years of management experience.
- Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Direct subordinates effectively towards the accomplishment of tasks and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and decision-making appropriately to other personnel.
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
GAP Inc - 16 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...