The Senior National Accounts Installation Consultant will oversee complex fully insured and self funded national group installation processes across multiple regions and multiple functional areas. Working independently, the Senior National Installation Consultant (SNIC) will monitor all installation activities for new and renewing national groups, and will actively manage tasks, processes and time lines always keeping the customer at the forefront. The SNIC will partner with sales and account management to support the customer through the installation process and to positively impact the customer experience. The SNIC will resolve issues during the installation process and/or escalate potential issues to department Managers, National Leads or National Directors. The SNIC is responsible for creating and distributing installation plans, reports, summaries and hand-off documentation. The SNIC will also be responsible for leading project initiatives, gap analysis, implementing lessons learned, training and mentoring of new staff.
• Manage the overall installation of complex new and approved renewing accounts
• Function as a main point of contact for the customer during the account installation
• Partner with Sales and Account Management, Regional Case Installation Teams, Regional Functional Areas, CSC, SFAS, TPA to ensure a successful account installation.
• Coordinate tasks and maintain installation time lines across multiple regions and multiple functional areas, working with department Directors and Managers.
• Ensure functional departments understand and comply with established processing and customer commitment dates.
• Create installation checklists, time lines and plans and communicate to the customer.
• Track all installation activities using a reportable database, and monitor those activities to identify potential risks or known issues. Use database to report on group-specific activities or summary statistics.
• Resolve issues during the installation and renewal processes, working directly with regional contacts and functional departments to ensure installations comply with standard processes guidelines.
• Monitor the reconciliation of application, enrollment and fulfillment processes such as ID cards, Member Handbooks, SPDs, EOC and Provider Directories. Resolve or escalate inconsistencies identified.
• Identify functional or cross-functional processing inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvements.
• Coordinate Installation meetings with National Sales, Account Management, Brokers and/or Employer Groups.
• Facilitate seamless hand-off to National Account Management staff, supported by group-specific reporting metrics, issue review and installation processing summary.
• Support RFP request
• Support pre-sale request
• Lead major project initiatives, gap analysis,
• Implement lessons learned
• Train and mentor new staff
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or a related field or 4 years of equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 8 years account services experience and/or case installation/implementation within the health insurance industry
• Working knowledge of Self-Funding and Fully Insured Health Plans
• Understanding of healthcare insurance products and processing
• Expertise in billing and claims administration functional areas (end-to-end)
• Ability to educate and influence complex, cross-functional business partners on Self-Funded products and administration
• Ability to define, develop, document and implement formal Policies and Procedures related to Self-Funded products and services
• Thorough understanding of and experience in managed care and all health insurance products, including self-funded
• Knowledge of the health insurance market
• Knowledge of Self-Funding market, including ERISA regulations
• Knowledge of Commercial and/or Self-Funded billing requirements and claims adjudication practices
• Broad experience working with large groups/National accounts
• Broad knowledge of health plan administration and operational needs for Self-Funded products
• Strong interpersonal skills, especially specific to persuasion and negotiation
• Demonstrated ability in influencing operational management
• Demonstrated ability to determine the key risks that need to be addressed and develop actions plans that are multi-faceted in nature and include both business process and system components
• More than 8 years experience in case installation/implementation within the health insurance industry, project/program management experience, with successive levels of accountability and results
• Technical experience in one or more of the following areas is strongly desired: Provider Billing, Claims Administration, Provider Relations, Provider Contracting, Revenue Cycle Finance, and Data Analytics
Kaiser Permanente - 18 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...