Senior Network Engineer: Avamere Home Office and Support
Senior Network Engineer
Avamere Home Office and Support
25117 SW Parkway
Our organization is growing and we are now recruiting for a full-time Network Engineer for our Wilsonville, Oregon office.
The responsibility of this position is to build company success through expanding and improving our systems capabilities and introducing emerging technologies as solutions for success. The Network Engineer enables this to be achieved by delivering projects that exceed our business leader’s expectations, continuously improving our network, and collaborating with peers on best practices. The right person for this position must have excellent leadership qualities, strong customer services ideals and the ability to communicate effectively with technology and our business leaders and employees for each company under Avamere Health Services.
The qualified candidate will have five plus years of experience in a similar position, a technology oriented Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. The qualified candidate will be a positive motivator, out of box thinker, creative, team player, possess strong customer services skills and be fiscally responsible.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Can write and follow comprehensive project plan
- Can prioritize and balance their work load efficiently
- Thinks and works well independently and in teams
- Is an excellent communicator remotely and in person
- Can explain complex technical things in simple and understandable terms
Candidates MUST have demonstrated experience with the following:
- Designing and managing multiple simultaneous network and telecommunications projects
- Managing and coordinating multiple vendors, customers and contractors in multiple simultaneous projects.
- Cisco switch, wireless and router IOS programming and general network design.
- Excellent network and telecommunications trouble-shooting skills
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Managing and directing staff and peers as necessary
- Creating easy to follow and detailed network documentation and Visio drawings
All considered candidates will be required to bring the following to their interview:
- A completed job application
- A drawing of a multisite WAN (2 or more locations) they have designed and built.
- A drawing of wireless network they have designed. (AP locations on floor plan)
- Samples of how they document networks
- A list of network projects they have personally managed in the last two years.
- A sample project plan in Microsoft Project format
- Design, install and maintain Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and telecommunications infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment.
- Manage and maintain analog, digital and VOIP phone systems from multiple vendors.
- Implement network solutions based on analysis of technical and capacity requirements.
- Assist as needed to identify and address issues impacting network connectivity and system access.
- Maintain detailed inventory of network assets.
- Perform capacity planning related to network infrastructure and bandwidth.
- Coordinate network and telecommunications changes with internal and external customers.
- Prepare and maintain detailed network documentation using Visio and other tools
- Design, implement and test business continuity plans.
- Collaborate with various subject matter experts to provide access to host systems and applications.
- Administer and develop network monitoring management solutions.
- Develop, plan and implement budgets and project relating to the network and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Perform installation and maintenance of network components.
- Participate in the execution of moderate to complex projects. Typically multiple simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, client-server and mainframe applications.
- Strong knowledge of data and voice communications networking technologies, architectures, platforms and protocols.
- Strong knowledge of PC desktop tools.
- Strong knowledge of network diagnostic tools including experience in packet analysis.
- Strong knowledge of network hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, wan accelerators, VPN solutions.
- Strong knowledge of network security access methods and secure configurations of network components.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good leadership skills.
Experience & credentials desired:
- 10+ years of hands on experience with the above
- Certified CCIE or higher
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
The Avamere Family of Companies represents a group of independent companies dedicated to seniors’ health and well-being. We take great pride in offering “a continuum of care” which allows seniors to stay independent and active. With more than forty retirement communities and skilled nursing facilities in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Colorado, the Avamere companies are responsive to the changing personal needs of seniors.
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability and AD&D coverage.
Avamere Group - 14 months ago