This job is located in the Technical Support Division of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to troubleshoot enterprise environments
- Provide phone and online support for clients; troubleshoot LAN/WAN equipment and ensuring the prompt resolution of any issues that may arise.
- Proactively respond, follow-up, and provide updates for clients.
- Review documentation for all new products, revised product packaging, manuals, and installation guides for proper content.
- Prepare documentation and provide training for new products and new technologies under specific categories, introduced to the market.
- Maintain adequate technical knowledge to support and assist in supporting problems on assigned categories.
- Maintain professional and friendly phone skills.
- Acts as a product liaison for inter-departmental communications regarding products in assigned categories
- Act as point of contact for deployment and configuration issues as needs arise
- Acts as a product escalation point for complex or unique product issues within Technical Support.
- Create, obtain, and/or modify training material to address any known product knowledge short comings inside Technical Support
- 6 years of Computer Networking Experience
- Ability to learn quickly, Excellent Customer Relationship skills, Strong Troubleshooting skills, Strong written and verbal communication skills (communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management) ), Strong Technical Writing Skill
- Strong understanding of switches, routers, firewalls, Multimedia Network Equipment and Wireless Network equipment.
- Good working knowledge of standard protocols such as Telnet, DNS, FTP, SSH, RDP, HTTP and HTTPS and others like VLAN, SNMP, RADIUS authentication, OSPF, QoS and IPv6.
- Experience with Traffic Sniffers.
- Certification Required: CCNA/CCNP/CCIE; MCSA/MCSE
D-Link - 15 months ago