Job Summary |
The primary goal of the Senior Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of the organizations voice and data network in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the system users. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining, and supporting LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructures at all branches. The Senior Network Engineer provides high –level technical support for voice and data network systems, creates and maintains network documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improved communication equipment and procedures. The Senior Network Engineer must be well versed with the advanced engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices and network management systems. This position requires excellent problem management and customer service skills. ~
- Develops strategies and direction for network and related IT infrastructure solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Responsible for high level network planning, design and optimization activities.
- Participates in, plans, and recommends network and related IT technology asset architectures and recommends new/emerging technology for application into the enterprise.
- Installs, configures, and maintains network and related technology infrastructure environments.
- Performs analysis required to define reporting requirements (e.g., Performance, Capacity, Change management).
- Performs system network engineering, design and validation.
- Provides daily operations support and maintenance for network and related information technology assets.
- Proactively monitors network and related system information technology assets, assessing and making recommendations for improvement to provide stable, dependable technology asset services and provide ongoing trend analysis.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5 – 7 years related experience
- 1 – 2 years management experience
- Cisco Routing and Switching design, configuration and implementation
- Juniper, Cisco Firewall Design, implementation and policy changes
- F5 – DNS & GTMs, LTMs Load Balancers
- VOIP – Installation and design across MPLS network
- WIFI – AeroHive configuration and support
- Candidate must have excellent communications skills
- Candidate must be organized to drive product requirements and design across multiple teams