From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve. Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide.
Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
High level technical contributor with advanced knowledge and experience in the area of local and wide area networking, communications and related hardware/software. Involved in the overall integration of the enterprise-wide network including the planning, design installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN.
- Defines network device standards for the enterprise.
- Collects network hardware property inventory periodically.
- Negotiates and maintains IT support contracts.
- Manages licensing compliance
- Serves as technical expert for all business units.
- Completes network support requests.
- Investigates/resolves complex user connectivity/access problems
- Participates in team meetings.
- Contributes to the team dynamic providing expertise and ongoing communication to aid in team success.
- Provides timely status reports of projects.
- Ability to work independently to contribute positively toward team goals.
- Complies with all enterprise policies and procedures
Strategy and Planning
- Implements/manages network security solutions - including firewalls, anti-virus, proxy servers, intrusion detection/prevention systems, etc.
- Ensures access restrictions on administrative accounts/credentials.
- Maintains security of network components.
- Performs/reviews/mitigates vulnerability scans.
- Performs server and security audits.
- Distributes/ installs patches to secure against known vulnerabilities in operating system(s) and application(s) software.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
- Recommends modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Recommends operating procedures to optimize network availability.
- Defines capacity planning needs.
- Estimates infrastructure costs for strategic initiatives.
- Works with Infrastructure Director on budget forecasts and preparation
- Contributes to the design, planning, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of enterprise wide network.
- Structures approach to Active Directory design for managing Windows networks.
- Structures approach for distributed file systems.
- Performs file system configuration and management.
- Configures and implements infrastructure components - routers, switches, WAN links, firewalls, servers, appliances, backup system(s), etc.
- Monitors infrastructure components to achieve maximum uptime and reliability of enterprise systems and communications.
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware/software problems on infrastructure components.
- Ensures timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Monitors and tests network performance and provides network performance statistics and reports.
- Defines recovery planning and disaster recovery execution.
- Defines/coordinates/configures/installs network environments in local/remote facilities.
- Creates equipment specs. Interacts and negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Recommends, schedules, and performs network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Provides on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Provides guidance to junior members of the networking team
- Provides backup coverage for other engineers.
- Creates/updates technical documentation.
- Participates in disaster testing/recovery.
- 5+ years, in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in local and wide area networking, communications, and related hardware/software
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- MCSE / CCNA or equivalent work experience
- Able to lift 25#
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to handle system(s) components
- Core Competencies
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
Closing Statement This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
- Reliable transportation
- Site travel
- Additional working hours as required
- Participation in on-call rotation
- Sitting for extended periods of time
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 16 months ago