Position Summary: This position is responsible for the designing, planning, installation, configuration and maintenance of the network infrastructure. The position is at times expected to provide technical leadership to operations groups as required for critical incidents and problems. Additionally, the position will evaluate network designs to identify and resolve design issues and enforce standards. Performs all other duties as assigned by manager. Implements and performs according to established standards. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assessment of potential project viability, recommending strategies to satisfy customer needs
- Develop and design “Fit for Purpose” network solutions based on accepted customer standards for new projects
- Identify Bill of Materials for network procurement including, but not limited to, switches, routers, circuits, etc.
- Responsible for technical oversight of moves, adds and changes in the client network environment.
- Assist clients in developing firewall rules and inbound/outbound ACLs.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technology solutions to address emerging business and technical needs.
- Formulate, design, and implement short- and long-term plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Coordination will be required working with colleagues in the US, UK, and Germany.
Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of network best practices.
- Act as information source and mentor for junior level network engineers.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Knowledge of basic information technologies and methodologies in hosted and client computing environments
- Able to demonstrate experience in developing efficient and effective standard solutions to meet business requirements.
- Understanding of ITIL standards and practices
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills, able to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Business English proficiency – essential
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Must have the ability to occasionally travel to offices and to attend training conferences and classes.
- Be willing to invest in personal development to maintain a
- fit for purpose
- operational environment.
- High level attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient at creating and maintaining network documentation (e.g., Visio)
- Strong time management and organizational skills to ensure efficiency in delivering work products and billable services to the client
- Ten years’ experience in the Voice / Data Networking or consulting industry is required, developing an in-depth knowledge in LAN/WAN, Extranet/Firewalls, Voice/IPT environments and methodologies
- Experience working with large and complex enterprise network infrastructures.
- Experience working in an global environment
- Specific hardware/software experience in two or more areas:
- Cisco Switches ranging from small fixed models to large modular and chassis-based devices.
- Firewalls including Juniper and Nokia/Checkpoint
- Cisco Routers ranging from 1900 series to ASR1000
- Cisco unified communications platforms including Call Manager and related components, Unity, Telepresence.
- Cisco Wireless & Mobility solutions including controllers, access points, etc.
- Cisco WAAS and other acceleration technologies
- Experience in recommending appropriate WAN technologies including MPLS, Ethernet, Internet VPN, Other point to point technologies.
- Protocols: Layer 1-7 (802.3, ADSL, ISDN, T-carrier, STP, VLAN, MPLS, IPSec, BGP, NAT, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, NTP, RADIUS, MIME, NetBIOS, SSH, SNMP, 802.11, etc.). OS: Cat OS, IOS
- Experience identifying and resolving difficult network issues (circuits, routing, switching, security).
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science or other related field, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience is required.
- Minimum CCIE or equivalent certification expected. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- Successfully developed and implemented network design solutions using new and emerging technologies
T-Systems North America, Inc.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) connects people and markets worldwide! Deutsche Telekom is one of the leading international companies in ICT. With round about 235.000 employees in 50 countries, we provide innovative solutions to our clients. T-Systems is one of the three successful brands of Deutsche Telekom. We serve large customers and multinational companies through our global infrastructure of data centers and networks. With the help of innovative technology we develop integrated solutions for connected life and work. Let us together shape the world of tomorrow!
- 2 years ago - save job