Smartsource is looking for a Senior level TIVOLI Storage Manager/Linux Administrator.
This is a contract position for 3-4 weeks, 40 hours a week.
Location: Ann Arbor, MI 48113
Pay: $45-$50 per hour during the 3-4 week contract.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 p.m.
Summary of Position
We are seeking a Sr Tivoli Storage Manager / Administrator with 7-10 years of solid experience managing a large mission critical environment utilizing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Backup/Recovery.
The candidate has to be strong as a TSM Admin as well Linux Admin.
The ideal candidate will have worked with TSM V6.1 or higher (V6.2/6.3/6.4) and would have experience in Bare metal Recovery and Virtual Environment recovery.
Experience with EMC VMAX Symmextrix (TSM Metadata Database) and Isilon storage is a plus.
An understanding of Oracle and SQL Server backups is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Designing and Implementing Client and Server side de-duplication with a TSM Environment
- Good understanding of Deployment options within TSM (reclamation strategies, # of domains, etc.)
- Goo understanding of TSM server replication and implementation.
- Performs analysis and design backup processes and procedures at all levels of complexity.
- Design and Create TSM reports through Cognos reporting facilities.
- Responsible for designing and building TSM servers for client backup environment.
- Educate operational resources on monitoring the daily and weekly backups as well as offsite archive operations taking corrective action as needed 24/7. May be pulled into technical resolution of critical customer issues within TSM environment.
- Recommends equipment and procedures to ensure the backup occurs within the available window.
- Works with Stratos clients to help identify the files and file dates required for recovery.
- Administer and backup the systems used to host the backup software (TSM) running on Redhat Linux and develop shell scripts to automate and improve the monitoring operation.
- Coordinates directly with vendors to implement new equipment and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Installs and configures the server and client portions of TSM backup and recovery software.
- Implement and maintain system management software, as well as research, analyze, and implement patches and hardware modification.
- Responsible for managing and implementing procedure to upgrade host agents (TSM) on clients server environment.
- Participates in detailed project planning efforts and acts as a server system recovery specialties on all disaster recovery projects.
- Recovers files and servers as needed by restoring files. Engage as much self-service recovery for the client as possible.
- Creates and maintains standards for backup and recovery, i.e. who, what and when the backups are done, full vs. incremental as agreed upon by customer.
- Maintains and upgrades server and clients with the latest technology researched from web sites and vendors.
- Ensures software licenses comply by checking each individual client server.
- Must be able to create, review, and edit technical documentation including but not limited to policies, procedures, and work plans to ensure consistency and quality.
Please send your resume to Carissa: email@example.com
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills.
- 7+ years experience in Tivoli Storage Manager, along with 3-5 years Linux administration.
- Familiar with various Windows OS Versions.
- Oracle and SQL Server Database and web servers both clustered and non-clustered knowledge preferable.
- Experience with EMC VMAX Symmetrix Storage for IBM TSM Metadata Database.
- Korn Shell and Perl scripting knowledge.
- Knowledge of VMware and TSM VMware proxy backup preferable.
- AIX experience for deploying TSM agents.
- Experience working on disaster recovery planning essential.
- Experience with IBM Cognos reporting related to IBM TSM backup environments.
- Knowledge of EMC Isilon storage arrays preferred (Backup Storage Target).
Please call me today about this job at 630-818-1053
sologig - 14 months ago