The purpose of this position is to design, implement, support, and maintain network systems across the global enterprise. This includes, but is not limited to, planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing network hardware/software.
- Planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing network hardware/software by manufactures such as Cisco, Juniper, F5, and Citrix.
- Maintains and ensures proper functionality and connectivity of the local area network including all components of the LAN: cabling, switches, wireless access points, network interface cards, file servers and server operating systems, etc.
- Maintain all Network related documentation such a network diagrams, maps, and other documentation
- Resp onsible for tracking project status, prioritizing work in partnership with IT management and other Business Unit Managers while insuring the quality of service.
- Maintains strong relationships with all business units through customer focused service delivery and a sense of urgency.
- Cooperates with field staff to ensure quality of service and provides status to management.
- Collaborate with IT Management in order to develop network upgrades and Network infrastructure roadmaps.
- Admin istration, maintenance, and design of LAN and WAN Environment
- Research new technologies and associated equipment and perform assessments to implement within the infrastructure
- Perform daily management and maintenance of network equipment
- Install, upgrade, and configure Cisco and Juniper Firewalls, routers, load balancer, Citrix Netscalers, ACS server, IPS/IDS, VPN connections, all WAN connections
- Manage Global VOIP Systems and will maintaining and tuning Quality of Service (QoS)
- Help select and implement predictability and automation tools to improve the stability, efficiency, and scalability of IT Department while making the user community more self-sufficient
- Assist users with everyday technical problems associated with applications, network connectivity, and/or hardware issues as needed
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as assigned in a timely and professional manner.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5+ years of hands-on experience managing Cisco and Juniper Firewalls in a global environment
- 2-4+ years of experiencing supporting Cisco UCS/Nexus Environments
- 2-5+ years of experience managing MPLS connections across multiple nodes globally
- 2-5+ years of experience in a data center environment
- Certifications with Cisco, Juniper, or CompTIA Network+ are desired
- 2-4+ years of experience with converged network architecture
- 1-2 years of IPv6 planning and upgrade experience a plus
- 1-2 years of cloud computing experience a plus.
This position will be competitively compensated with an hourly rate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.