The successful candidate is
responsible for introducing changes and/or new network architecture to the
customer’s operational environment, both unclassified and classified
networks. Work with internal teams to fill information gaps and communicate
architecture and technical solutions. The candidate will be a key
senior member of a diversified team of network engineering professionals.
Major activities include research, development, testing and documentation of
unclassified and classified network designs. Incumbent is responsible for applying best practices towards the successful identification, design and development of
engineering initiatives, while introducing new technologies into the
- Apply creative approaches and innovative
thinking to the design of new and enhanced customer network
- Subject Matter Expert - IP routing protocols
including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS
- Research and recommend cutting edge products,
methods and tools to establish world-class, high performance networking
in the customer’s environment.
- Evaluate existing systems
and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system
- Analyze and recommend
appropriate network upgrades to support future requirements.
- Develop key life-cycle documents and diagrams
as required to support new projects including Concepts of Operations,
Analysis of Alternatives, requirements specifications, design
- Stay on leading edge of industry through
research, conferences, networking, etc.
- Identify and analyze network
communications system failover, backups and disaster recovery plans
- Utilize performance monitoring
and capacity planning software tools to model, analyze and plan network
- Provide specifications and detailed
schematics for network architecture as needed
- Leverages cross functional teams to maximize
each function's contribution to design quality while minimizing time to
- Manage customer timelines and deliverables to
help facilitate successful engineering project activities.
- Design/Configure Firewalls and Load Balancers as
- Design/Configure Cisco Network Admission
Control (NAC) architecture as required
- Cisco CCNA and CCNP Certifications
- Minimum of 8+ years
relevant experience with LAN/WAN/MAN Network engineering, a significant
portion of which is in a Cisco environment.
- Proficiency working with access control list
(ACLs), TCP/IP. VLAN, VRF, Port Security, Traffic Shaping, Priority
Queuing, Class of Service ( CoS ), Quality of
Service ( QoS ), Multicast, and IP routing
- Proficiency with EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP routing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
applications. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Project to develop and
manage project schedules.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Visio for
generating network diagrams
- Sound knowledge of network topologies and
technologies to include:
- CISCO network devices
- Routers and encryption equipment
- Cisco Network Firewalls
- Load Balancers
- Network monitoring and engineering analysis
- Controlled interfaces and firewall
- WAN communications circuits
- Expertise must include practical experience in
the following engineering best practices and developing engineering
documentation to include:
- Requirements Documents
- Concept of Operations
- Analysis of Alternatives
- System Design Documentation and schematic
- Test Plans
- Excellent written communications and
- Good customer interpersonal skills to be able
to understand customer requirements, with the ability to effectively
explain complex technical concepts to non-technical and senior
- Applicants selected will be subject to a
Government Security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
for access to classified information.
An active security clearance at the Top Secret level is required.
- Other skills:
Strong communications, writing and editing skills needed. Strong problem solving and
troubleshooting skills. Must be a self starter
who doesn’t require close day-to-day supervision.
- Must be able to operate in a close-knit team environment
and work with technical and non-technical staff at all levels.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
Experience in design/development of secure
wireless and/or satellite networks
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer
Science or Science discipline strongly preferred.
- CCIE Lab and/or Written certification is a
- ITIL V2 or V3 certified
- Advanced technical or management degree (e.g.
MBA, MS Computer Science, etc.)
- Other certifications, such as Security Plus,
additional Cisco certs, or
network security related
- Previous experience as a contractor in the federal
- Previous experience with performance/capacity
planning tools such as OpNet .
Submit your resume at email@example.com
Please reference Position Title and Number in
the subject line of your response.