• Monitor the controls environment through compliance reviews, walk-throughs, self-assessment reporting and independent inventory observations in order to identify both SOX and operational control issues and process gaps/opportunities. Ensure adherence to policies and procedures and all control activities are implemented, executed and tested as agreed.
• Work with management on remediation plans, through use of excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, to close identified gaps and maintain controls emphasis in respective area by addressing common opportunities with management.
• Develop and/or enhance internal control environment to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness, better safeguard company assets and improve reliability and quality of financial reporting.
• Recommend and implement manual and system process improvements, which result in greater process efficiencies and effectiveness. Implement and/or improve operational controls and standard operating procedures to better safeguard company assets, improve operational efficiency and enhance the quality of financial reporting. Review and understand business processes and controls and assist in analyzing to enhance the current control environment.
• Participate on various policies and procedures projects in order to facilitate the development and documentation of standardized policies and procedures that promote operational efficiency, operational effectiveness and enhance the control environment.
• Liaison with various departments/project teams including Sales Operations, IT, Apacheta, and Route Settlement to recommend and implement enhanced system processing, system reporting and utilize system configurable controls.
• Exercise technical knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley AS5 and familiarization with audit testing and workpaper documentation standards
• Participate as a business partner with the SOX Project Management Office (PMO) Department on the execution of the SOX annual plan for the Packaged Beverages business unit.
• Collaborate with Corporate Audit, SOX PMO and external auditors to coordinate and facilitate audit requests for planned audit engagements, SOX testing and external audit financial audit testing.
• Work closely with SOX PMO, Corporate Audit and external auditors for synergies and coordination of on-going improvement to the controls framework and SOX testing programs.
• Monitor for indicators of fraud and perform appropriate investigative audits.
• Stay abreast of best practices and provide conduit for introducing those practices to the company.
• Utilize strong interpersonal and leadership skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization, including training business partners on new controls, policies and procedures, etc and facilitate the implementation of corrective action
• Apply analytical and problem solving skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, establishing facts, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
• Will travel within US (approx. 50-60% travel)
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting OR Finance
• 3 years work experience in internal and/or operational controls
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group - 13 months ago
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by...