Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating over 50 years of service, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Senior Payroll Specialist to support our Human Resources group in Lancaster, PA.
Senior Payroll Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of payroll regulations and processing, Lawson, and multi-state taxes; support the HR/payroll group to serve all Eurofins US employees
- Provide computer support on Lawson; perform analysis, design, support upgrades and programming to maintain existing systems and create new systems
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing and perform independently as needed
- Research, set up and test multi-state payroll taxes
- Perform after-payroll processing such as creating ACH or check requests for garnishments, create GL files and special pay reports, submit Flex and 401(k) contributions to providers
- Process and submit payroll taxes
- File federal and state tax payments
- Register for appropriate withholding and unemployment accounts with any new states
- Assist with integration of new companies
- Assist with preparation of W-2's and annual filing
- Process state unemployment payments
- Process applicable state quarterly reconciliation for Withholding Tax
- Process quarterly FUTA payments
- Make recommendations on new or improved systems and processes
- Perform any other duties to ensure the smooth running of the payroll group
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), excellent interpersonal skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Thorough knowledge experience with Lawson HRIS and Accounting programs preferred
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster, Pennsylvania are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- At least five years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
See Job Description
Monster - 9 months ago