Netflix is the world's leading streaming video service, and our growth is accelerating. As we grow internationally, we are continually enhancing our cloud-based infrastructure to scale and improve our services' performance, scalability, and availability.
Performance and scalability is your passion. When current and former colleagues think of performance- they think of you. You have a talent for scaling high-traffic distributed systems and a track record of improving them. Your improvements should be represented by hard-numbers and grounded in engineering principles, to drive changes across multiple teams. Communication is your strong suit. You have the ability to find optimizations both within the application stack and across the infrastructure, communicating your findings effectively to others.
Netflix hires extraordinary performers and gives them the freedom to make an impact. You may be aware of our booming streaming business, but are you aware of our advanced usage of cloud computing? In anticipation of our business' rapid growth, Netflix, an early cloud adopter, now ranks among the top users of cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service (a.k.a. IAAS).
- Drive cloud performance and scalability optimization for Netflix and our use of AWS
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices (e.g. autoscaling methodologies, etc.)
- Proactively define and expose metrics that can improve our services' performance, scalability, and availability
- Assist with production triage when performance or availability issues arise
- As a member of this team, you will also work on parts of our core software
Minimum Job Qualifications:
-10 years of relevant software engineering experience
- 6 years of experience with high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Object-oriented programming experience with Java and Java garbage collection
- Experience with tomcat, linux, and NoSQL
- Understand data-driven experimentation and effective performance testing methodologies
- BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
- Understands complex systems from a performance perspective
- Cassandra tuning a plus
- Experience with profilers (java) and network analysis utilities (e.g. wireshark) a plus
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine) a plus
Netflix - 10 months ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...