Lantheus Medical Imaging is a global leader in developing, manufacturing and distributing innovative diagnostic imaging agents. For more than 55 years, Lantheus has been dedicated to creating and providing pioneering medical imaging solutions to improve the treatment of human disease. The company’s proven success in discovering, developing and commercializing innovative medical imaging agents provides a strong platform from which to bring forward new breakthrough tools for the diagnosis and management of disease.
Lantheus imaging products include DEFINITY® Vial for (Perflutren Lipid Microsphere) Injectable Suspension, the leading ultrasound contrast agent used in ultrasound exams of the heart, also known as echocardiographic exams; ABLAVAR® (gadofosveset trisodium), a first-in-class magnetic resonance agent indicated for the evaluation of aortoiliac occlusive disease in adults with known or suspected peripheral vascular disease; Cardiolite® (Kit for the Preparation of Technetium Tc99m Sestamibi for Injection), a cardiac imaging agent that is the most successful radiopharmaceutical ever introduced and; TechneLite® (Technetium Tc99m Generator).
Lantheus has approximately 600 employees worldwide with headquarters in North Billerica, Massachusetts, and offices in Puerto Rico, Canada and Australia.
The purpose of this position is twofold. First to market and sell our Definity and Ablavar products ices to key decision makers in assigned territories to achieve desired sales goals. Second is to support the development of sales professionals by providing sales and product training to field representatives. Sales training is estimated to account for approximately 30% of the incumbents time while 70% is to be dedicated to selling responsibilities.
- Utilize your proved sales and business expertise to strategically communicate the details of our diagnostic imaging agents to various stakeholders within a complex hospital sales environment which includes multiple products and multiple hospital call points.
- Strategically plan overall sales strategy within your territory to maximize effectiveness and produce sales results. Carefully plan each sales presentation by anticipating customer needs and/or objections and your response to best close each opportunity.
- Utilize strategic selling acumen and listening skills to uncover customer needs and opportunities. Deliver clear, concise, relevant messaging to target audiences and provide solutions to health care providers concerns to drive desired outcomes and close the sale.
- Work cross-functionally with internal sales teams, marketing, medical affairs and externally as required to assemble resources for the benefit of patients and our customers.
- Use computers and software programs as appropriate for effective communication, presentations, analysis and documentation.
- Demonstrate passion for successfully achieving sales targets while adhering to all regulatory and budgetary guidelines and Lantheus policies.
- Carefully plan, keep records and report activity and expenses in accordance with Lantheus policy and manager instructions.
The incumbent will actively promote safety rules and awareness, will demonstrate good safety practices at all times, and take initiative to correct safety hazards. Additionally, the incumbent will actively demonstrate and promote the Lantheus values of accountability, communication, customer commitment, entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, safety and teamwork.
S kills and Experience:
- BA or BS degree with a minimum of 5 years’ of successful hospital sales experience with related industry.
- Must possess a track record of success in selling within a hospital setting.
- Must be self-motivated, passionate about selling health care solutions, and able to manage time effectively. Knowledge of budget planning process helpful.
- An understanding of managed care, GPO and IDN contracting preferred.
- Understanding of contrast imaging systems, echocardiography, MRI/MRA, and vascular imaging preferred.
- The candidate is expected to live within this territory.
- Routine overnight travel based on business need. Must have valid driver’s license, qualified vehicle and appropriate motor vehicle insurance
- Must be able to secure key hospital credentialing and access within your territory.