Job Title: Sr. Portfolio Manager – Active Fundamental US Equity
Reports To: Chief Investments Officer
Department: US Equity
Salary range starting at: $201,468.80 with eligibility to participate in OPERS Incentive Compensation Program
FLSA Status: Exempt
Number of Openings : 1
Accepting Applications: 6/7/2013 until filled
All applicants must be able to comply with OPERS Personal Trading Policy as linked here .
SUMMARY: This position leads the development and implementation of the investment processes used to manage all actively managed fundamental equity portfolios and oversees the Active Fundamental US Equity team.
Portfolio Management and Monitoring 1. Provide the macro economic outlook for the active fundamental US Equity team.
2. Meet with portfolio managers and investment analysts to vet out best ideas for investment and review current holdings.
3. Monitor positions across assigned sectors for news capable of changing competitive positioning.
4. Insure portfolios are managed within risk mandates.
5. Periodically report on the performance of the portfolios and strategy developments and changes.
6. Assist in the development of the portfolio guidelines.
Fundamental Research and Development
1. Continue to evolve the existing fundamental-based investment approach.
2. Develop portfolio managers and investment analysts by working with and teaching them the investment process.
3. Conduct fundamental research on assigned sectors, as well as, sectors covered by analysts in your charge.
4. Other duties that may be assigned.
1. Direct short- and long-term planning, deployment of resources, budgeting, and design of OPERS’ processes for a major functional area.
2. Provides leadership and is a role model to all staff.
3. Recruits and develops direct reports and consistently provides timely feedback through coaching and mentorship.
4. Partners with human resources on workforce planning, compliance, performance management, and corrective action.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong keyboarding skills• Ability to perform and understand higher order mathematics for economic, investment and portfolio management reports.
• High level of ability to: write business correspondence and effectively respond to questions concerning communication related topics
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Bachelors in related field required
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Minimum 10 years of direct or progressive experience in the US Equity asset class, including research, trading, and portfolio management required.
• A verifiable US equity management track record preferred.
• Proficient, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Windows operating system; MS Word; MS Excel; MS Powerpoint; Internet Explorer (browser software) and MS Outlook required.
• Minimum 5 years of direct or indirect supervisory experience required.
• Chartered Financial Analyst or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst - Required
• Registration and licensure with the State of Ohio Security Commission - Required.
• Within six months of hire, the candidate must meet the eligibility requirements to be licensed as a State Retirement System Investment Officer (SRSIO), which requires either:
1. Having achieved a passing scored on one of the following:
a. Series 63 exam administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
b. Series 65
c. Series 66
d. Level One of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or
2. Earning and being in good standing with the organization that issues any of the following credentials:
a. Chartered Financial Analyst
b. Chartered Financial Consultant,
c. Chartered Investment Counselor
d. Certified Public Accountant with a personal financial specialist designation
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
If repetitive physical movement is required to perform the essential functions of the position, please discuss with HR
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required.
OPERS - 13 months ago