Senior Pricing Analyst - Bid Desk
Position Description: This position’s primary responsibility will be to develop and execute price offers for end user bid opportunities captured through United’s reseller customer base. Bid opportunities encompass both public sector end users (federal, state, local and school levels) as well and large company “fortune 500” type organizations. Expectations are that this role will collaborate with sales leadership to achieve targeted revenue win rates as well as manage margin throughout the account life cycle. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple tasks, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must be self-motivated, work well in time a constrained environment and be able to effectively communicate with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop price offers for large end users bid opportunities. Evaluate margin opportunity and risk via pro forma product mix analysis.
- Develop margin optimization “road maps” to be executed over the course of a customer life cycle. Share price optimization strategy and tactics with United’s resellers so that margin optimization activity is embedded throughout the channel.
- Maintain and execute price updates in accordance with bid agreements.
- Collaborate closely with channel leaders for both public sector and large corporate opportunities Actively participate in the development and implementation strategy and tactics to both win and then optimize bid opportunities over the customer life cycle.
- Prepare reports and charts supporting revenue and trend analysis along with margin opportunities. .
Qualifications (Skills/Knowledge) Required:
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, ACCESS and Financial Data Warehouses (e.g., Hyperion).
- Excellent Excel modeling skills (a must) and strong attention to detail are required to be successful in this position.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills required.
- Aptitude to analyze large sets of discrete data to identify trends, issues and opportunities
- The ability to extract information and insights from multiple data sources as well as design and lead the development of reporting and modeling solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Mathematics or Statistics OR equivalent in work experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive responsibility in Pricing related experience, preferably with experience in both pricing operations and analytics
- Familiarity setting item level pricing across multiple channels and/or categories
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...