Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that's right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time. The Sabre Holdings portfolio of companies includes Travelocity, Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 10,000 employees in 60 countries. Our people take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
- Works independently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Leads a large development team in the design of highly complex software systems.
- Acts as highest level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Responsible for project completion.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- May complete or review documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Works on complex problems that impact the design success of current products or addresses broad design issues of future products or technologies.
- Incumbents matched here are typically well-known within their industry, if not internationally recognized.
- As an expert in the field, uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Often serves as consultant to management and external spokesperson for the organization.
- Exercises wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years related experience.
- Advanced computer software skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to delegate work to subordinate or less experienced team members
- Proven leadership ability.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Application Architecture: Identifies common business components and services that can be leveraged by multiple applications.
- Product Life Cycle: Working knowledge of phases of the product life cycle, including engineering specifications, customer requirements gathering, software design and development, testing - including unit, functional, systems and integration, implementation/delivery and maintenance.
- Sabre Strategic Architecture: General knowledge of the company's architectural practices and guidelines, Strategic Architectural Tenants, roadmap and security policies.
- Systems Analysis: Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes, knowledge of products and system architecture .
- Systems Design: Generates or adapts equipment and technology to serve user needs; contributes to the development of business landscape, business architectures and solution architectures.
- Systems Integration: Knowledge of how different systems interact, including potential problems and difficulties that may occur.
- Technology Architecture: Defines architecture requirements and deliverables; ensures procedures for on-going operational support.
- Technology Strategy: Understands the company's technology direction; ensures product development links to strategic business and technical strategies and objectives; knows where business is going and builds features into technical solutions.
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...