OUR CLIENT: Is a worldwide leader in the production and distribution of inorganic minerals. (Salt and Sulfate of Potash) __________________________________________________________________ Summary: |
- Provides process engineering leadership (oversight, coordination, planning, and follow-up) and technical support to optimize plant operations, maximize production rates, reduce costs and maximize recoveries.
- Develops staff to utilize expected project management tools including: project definition, stakeholder engagement, ESH requirements, scheduling, and spending, review engineer’s drawings, mass balances, engineering specifications, equipment selection
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Regularly monitors performance of direct reports ensuring productivity and process improvement goals are met.
· Ensures operations and maintenance are proactively involved in improvement designs and prioritization process.
· Responsible to assess strengths and development opportunities related to direct reports and create timely action plans, accordingly in order to develop future CMP technical and Operations leaders.
· Reviews process improvement proposals for thoroughness and efficacy before forwarding to Engineering Manager.
· Provides process improvement status updates replete with KPI impacts.
· Performs design and cost estimates on new process improvement projects.
· Manages capital projects as required.
· Initiates and completes cost improvement projects.
· Manage outside engineering resources as required
· History of utilization of project management discipline and leadership.
· Experience in plant design and review of other’s engineering work, mass balances, engineering specifications, equipment selection, etc. and make the appropriate changes to verify operation ability
· Experience in capital (design) projects including the ability to review another engineer’s drawings, mass balances, engineering specifications, equipment selection, etc. and make the appropriate changes to verify operation ability
· Ability to determine causes of plant problems and apply technical understanding to practical, cost effective solutions.
· Inorganic chemical plant experience, solid/liquid separation and material handling experience, maintenance or construction project management experience, Process control education and experience, process modeling, and statistical process control.
· Familiar with heat exchangers, crystallization, centrifuges, dryers or the equivalent.
Education and Experience :
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
· Strong plant process/project experience (min 8 years) and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Five years plus direct leadership with full responsibility/accountability for performance of in house process and/or other engineers.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should be PC proficient and possess the ability to quickly master skills required to function with expertise in mainframe functions.
· Must be proficient with spreadsheet software, CPM management software, written communications, verbal presentations and ERP system use.
The River Group - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -