The Senior Procurement Officer reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer at IFDC Headquarters in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. This newly created position will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic financial plan related to the global acquisition of goods and services. Paramount to this role will be the intent towards the goal of lowering overall acquisition and supply chain costs, across multiple functional areas through the negotiation of pricing and contract terms beneficial to the operational goals of IFDC, while setting the standard for industry-leading ethical business practices.
The anticipated responsibilities and duties:
- Develop, implement and administer procurement policy and procedures
- Make recommendations and execute decisions related to: contract sufficiency, methods of procurement, interpretation of contracts/purchases, postponement, cancellation or rejection bids, evaluation of proposals and contract negotiations.
- Provide mentoring, training, guidance and leadership to IFDC staff regarding the procurement process.
- Provide evaluation, negotiation and support on vendor proposals.
- Ensure Government/institutional/organizational compliant files and processes and appropriate alignment with internal policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations;
- Arranging for inbound/outbound logistics of all goods on a worldwide basis (e.g. mode of transportation, customs, agriculture inspections)
- Performing a variety of other related duties as required (e.g. preparing cost estimates, managing stock levels, generating management reports)
- Support strategic acquisitions and proposal activities.
- Analytical : Ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources at the department level.
- Global Business Acumen : An ability to understand, communicate, and execute processes and complex purchasing protocol on a global scale.
- Adaptability & Creativity : the ability to balance the needs of competing constituencies in an environment of limited resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration;
- Minimum of 8 years’ procurement experience with a Master’s degree; or 10 years’ procurement experience with a Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience managing compliance and working with Internal and External audit teams; preference to those with SOX audit experience;
- Knowledge in Procurement related technologies such as P2P, Spend Analysis, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management and general workflow tools;
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in process mapping and improvement efforts;
- Ability to influence others through fact based, data driven recommendations;
- A demonstrated record of strategy development and implementation;
- A passion for our global mission.
IFDC- International Fertilizer Development - 7 months ago