Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time.
Responsibilities of this position include working with hotel business and products teams on the health and conversion goals of the hotel line of business. This will include management of issues reported and enhancements requested by various teams. The product manager will work closely with the Business team, product managers, and development team on escalated issues, product support, and process improvements.
This position is responsible for analysis and implementation of these issues. The position will be part of a cross functional team and will coordinate closely with multiple Product Development teams. This person must be able to define and prioritize product requirements based on business needs and financial benefit. In addition to defining and managing multiple releases, he or she must ensure that the system meets and exceeds key metrics including cost reduction, website performance, error reduction, manage development cost and schedule, and scalability and business functionality.
This position must be able to communicate clearly and with all areas of the company. For example, this person will work with various product manager for all lines of business, , product development to define product release requirements, and various stakeholders on determining the appropriate feature set and success metrics.
This position will be a part of the North American Hotel Team. This product manager will drive a single prioritization of all TVLY North American issues resolution, enhancements, and conversion needs through implementation.
The responsibility of this position:
o Manage an acceptable level of path and checkout bailouts
- Directs the prioritization and development of maintenance issues and enhancement while coordinating closely with Product Development and Product Management team on implementation.
- Monitors and provides provide Post implementation analysis of issues resolved
- Accountable for health of product lines through maintenance which will be managed and monitored in the following ways;
o Manage an acceptable level of defects (urgent, high, medium, low)
o Manage and sustain a suitable conversion for hotel product line
o Manage operational needs via maintenance
- Responsible for valuation of issues prioritized through ROI/Cost impact and is able to participate in analysis that could require in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Validate system errors and work with technical resources to re-create issues and determine priority of issues and associated fixes
The ideal candidate will have
About Travelocity Global
- At least 5 years of related experience with at least 2 years experience in a product marketing role.
- A BS/BA degree
- A passion for delivering a quality product that meet the needs of both users and business partners
- Track record demonstrating strong leadership and execution on product plans
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of internal team members including project team members and senior management
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to analyze and communicate technical issues, lead discussions, and influence decisions
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt messaging to target audience
- Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, managing several different initiatives simultaneously
- Initiative and a ‘self-starter’ attitude, with sufficient flexibility
- Desire for a fast-paced environment where organizational skills are essential
- Travel related industry experience would be beneficial, but not required
- Sense of humor
Travelocity Global is one of the largest on-line travel companies in the world, operating 10 websites in 16 countries, including Travelocity.com, a leading on-line travel company in the Americas; Travelocity Business, a business-to-business company supporting business travelers, lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel, and Travel for Good, our sustainability and corporate giving program providing the certified “green” travel options and grants to give back to the places we visit. Dedicated to the customer experience, Travelocity differentiates itself from its competitors through realizing travel is personal, and we take that very seriously. Travelocity has dedicated 24/7 phone support for every stage in the travel experience, including sales, support, as well as personalized concierge service for every traveler (a first in the industry), not to mention standing behind our Customer Bill of Rights and Travelocity Guarantee, ensuring all customers that we will do our best to ensure great travel experiences. The Travelocity team is dedicated to helping our customers realize their travel dreams, one person at a time, whether it is exploring the world or their own backyard.
Sabre - 7 months ago
Sabre powers one of the world’s largest industries – travel and tourism. Our systems work 24 hours a day, every day, processing...