PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing venture-funded “Big Data” business, focused on extracting audience, intent and behavior from place-based data. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms information into time and location context. Revolutionary techniques in data mining and machine learning at scale are being developed on a daily basis to uncover the reality of the world like no other company can. The company then applies the resulting product in applications from mobile advertising to electronic signage and much more.
The VP of Product is a high profile role at PlaceIQ. This role is responsible for the definition and go-to-market plan for PlaceIQ's Data Applications and Analytic products, as well as identifying additional types and sources of location based data that could prove valuable to leverage. This person will lead the definition and design, arbitrate timing and scope of features with engineering and ultimately deliver a product roadmap that supports company revenue goals. The VP Product will be an evangelist capable of working with Sales (both direct and partner) to develop product that supports an efficient sales approach. Additionally, this person should be keen to identify new opportunities and product directions that emerge from market changes or data science innovations and be able to spearhead the initial outline of such efforts.
The VP Product will work closely with marketing, sales, development and data science. The ability to clearly converse with cross-functional teams during product roadmap development is crucial. He/she must be able to listen, evaluate, communicate, and lead in a fast-paced environment.
• Define and execute the product roadmap for data acquisition
• Define analytical and product based use cases and applications for new and current data
• Own and manage the product life cycle for ‘data applications & analytics’ product line from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Be an internal expert for data and analytics competitive landscape, keep abreast of fast changing marketplace and inform the teams regularly in a consumable fashion
• Create business case, prioritize and maintain product backlog on ongoing basis
• Define and establish key performance metrics that determine success of product line
• Manage, track and communicate projects and programs for data applications and ad operations
• Work closely with Business Development team to identify new opportunities and drive closure of deals and partnerships
• Knowledge, experience and a passion dealing with geographic and local data sets.
• Past experience in Ad-tech specifically integrating with Ad Servers, Demand Side Platform (DSP) and Mobile Ad Networks
• Detailed understand of the local data ecosystem, players, verticals, use cases
• Experience in, or rapidly ability to become, expert on other data sets – retail, transaction, media, social, mobile – anything that can offer a ‘signal’ from a location
• Past experience in Big Data or Analytics or deeper passion for it is a must
• Deep understanding of statistics or machine learning is required
• Familiarity of one of the more of the following ecosystem would be critical - mobile apps, mobile middleware, carriers, marketing data and GIS
• Experience with agile software development and lean startup environment preferred
• Experience working with a start up or fast-paced environment preferred
• At least 5 plus years of industry experience is required
• Experience with data products or customer analytics and marketing
• Experience with location based / geographic data required
• Experience with mobile data and / or technologies a plus
• Background in ad tech strongly preferred
This position is located in New York, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience.