The Product Manager position offers an opportunity for you to join the Markets and Products team and grow your career with Capella. Under the direction of the Market Lead, this individual will be responsible for managing new and existing product offerings within the market portfolio, leading the development and delivery of differentiated products and positioning, and driving revenue and profit growth from products in their segment. Candidate must be willing to take initiative, have strong communication skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment where cross-function leadership is a key to solving complex problems.
The Product Manager will operate within the School of education and will be responsible for the execution of strategic plan(s) that positively impact Capella’s competitive position, market value proposition, and meet/exceed annual operating plan goals. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acquiring and analyzing market information to determine performance of markets and products against agreed upon criteria.
- Acquiring, tracking, and understanding primary and secondary market information, including competitive intelligence, to help identify market insights and trends.
- Tracking and analyzing internal product information for established products to identify trends, issues and opportunities to address.
- Monitoring and reporting on-going business results to support cross-functional activities impacting each step of the learner life cycle.
- Strategically managing the product portfolio, including assessing products for restage and retirement, adjusting existing products as needed to reflect new market/consumer insights, and building a pipeline of potential future products.
- Serving as the primary market liaison to the New Products Implementation Team (NPIT) and Product Development Operations Team (PDOT) taking a leadership role to get new/revised products/initiatives launched on time and within budget.
- Partnering with the School’s Market Team to drive market plan goals and results.
The successful candidate will have significant market knowledge and/or experience supporting products and services, with an understanding of internal processes, target market definition, product design and positioning, pricing, promotional strategies, data collection and reporting requirements strongly preferred. A minimum of five years of market experience and/or product/service development and a Bachelors degree is required; Masters degree and/or extensive experience in the education industry is strongly preferred. Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, excellent project management skills, and strong cross-functional leadership skills plus a keen eye to detail are required. Additional related experience, formal education, and/or Capella University knowledge may be substituted for some of the years of formal product/service development experience.
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 13 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...