Travelocity® is committed to being the traveler's champion. This customer-driven focus, backed by 24/7 live phone support, great prices and powerful shopping technology has made Travelocity the sixth largest travel agency -- booking $10.1 billion in travel worldwide in 2006.
Based in Southlake, Texas, Travelocity also owns and operates IgoUgo.com, Travelocity Business® for corporate travelers, lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel. Travelocity is owned by Sabre Holdings Corporation, a world leader in travel commerce.
Do you want to pilot product for one of the world’s leading online social travel communities? As the Senior Product Manager at IgoUgo.com you will have the chance to work at the forefront of one of the hottest industry categories, interact with travel industry leaders, and change the way people share one of their most impactful experiences: Travel!
IgoUgo.com was acquired by Travelocity and today the site has more than 650,000 members who communicate by writing and posting travel journals and photos of their experiences. The site includes more than 1.1M reviews & photos, covering more than 10,000 destinations around the globe.
We are looking for a driven, innovative Senior Product Manager with a solid track record, preferably in travel or social media, who enjoys working in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment. You will be reporting to the GM and will work with a small, enthusiastic group of media designers, developers, SEO experts and editors dedicated to transform the travel community industry.
You should have a passion for travel, comfort with multitasking, and the ability to collaborate well with all members in a start up environment. Specific tasks of the job will include:
- Driving the complete product development cycle of strategy, production, usability testing, and implementation
- Identifying and prioritizing new site features and enhancements based on user needs, competitive research, and company strategy.
- Writing thorough business requirements and coordinating with tech team to ensure successful launch and ongoing site optimization
- Managing a cross functional team of designers and developers.
- Collaborating with parent company Travelocity.com.
- Analyzing data (using GA and other tools) and defining KPIs to monitor post-launch performance, as well as building the business cases to support enhancements and new concepts.
- Managing all reporting, metrics, data analysis to support product strategy
- Leading customer acquisition and monetization through product innovation
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 3+ years experience as an online product manager for a consumer-facing website. This includes identifying, developing and managing new products (including mobile), preferably in the travel and/or social media industry
- Experienced business judgment, BS/BA required
- Ability to handle multiple projects, delegate work and provide leadership; previous people management and project management experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of social media, user engagement and mobile.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills coupled with multivariate testing experience.
- A willingness to provide and accept constructive criticism.
- A love of travel and entrepreneurial environments.
Sabre - 23 months ago
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre!
Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is used by more...