Birch Communications is looking to hire a Senior Voice Network Analyst (Planner) . This is a full-time permanent role in the Macon, Georgia area. We are looking for candidates with U.S. Citizenship, a Green Card, or a transferable H1B Visa. The Senior Voice Network Analyst (Planner) position is responsible for overseeing all facets of voice traffic (Local, LD, International, and Toll Free) cost, vendor, and capacity management for both dedicated (on-net) and switchless (off-net) arrangements in order to minimize costs without scarifying the quality of services provided. The Senior Voice Network Analyst position will report to the Director of Network Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Oversee monthly invoice processing, establish and maintain relationships with other carriers to resolve billing disputes, generate traffic studies to disprove disputes/negotiate factors, track existing and required interconnection agreements, and audit invoices for quality and accuracy;
- Keep abreast of industry developments in the call delivery and management areas and proactively propose protocol, technology, or vendor relationship changes that will reduce costs and improve network efficiency and effectiveness;
- Conduct call records analysis identifying trends and patterns that allow billing disputes as well as optimization of translations tables and call routing;
- Prepare billing dispute packages, naming issue and compiling backup documentation;
- Define, develop, and produce usage reports for engineering, operations, product development, finance and upper management;
- Work with management to negotiate contracts with vendors, consultants, and Interconnection agreements with carriers;
- Manage vendors and consultants, including setting priority and performance standards;
- Applies audit knowledge to assist other groups in general business analysis and data processing; and
- Supports Network Operations, Engineering and other groups as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, technical, or engineering field preferable;
- 7+ years managing voice traffic (routing and costs) for a telecom provider;
- 5+ years designing, managing, and updating voice traffic models for a telecom provider;
- Must have experience with Traffic/AMA principles for voice networks;
- Possess expert knowledge of all facets of the PSTN (network elements, design and switching);
- Ability to understand and where needed, diagnose basic and complex call routing problems in a TDM and VoIP based network;
- Ability to create basic financial models based on voice traffic optimization research; and
- Ability to define and create processes for operational/performance metrics, call detail records and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for cost management, utilization/usage capacity and for trending reporting, data feeds and analyzing .
- Possess knowledge of telecommunication verbiage, CCS, CLLI Code, E-911, CALEA, NPA/NXX, LERG, LEC tariffs, entrance facility, LCR, SIP, long distance principles and Internet Technology;
- Must be very familiar with voice, data, and equipment engineering technologies and have an advanced knowledge of telecommunications equipment, terminology, and standard practices and procedures;
- Proven skills researching, reporting and implementing process improvements and automation of methods and procedures utilizing SQL queries, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel in support of various Operational, Planning and Engineering report functions;
- Good understanding of TDM and VoIP voice networks including signaling protocols (SIP, MGCP, SS7, ISDN), switching equipment (Softswitches, Lucent 5ESS, Nortel DMS), and supporting equipments (DACS, MUX) in a five nines availability environment;
- Good understanding of IP network concepts and practices such as TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, PAT, routing protocols, Ethernet standards and their interplay with Voice networks;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Organizational skills; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
Birch provides managed communications and information technology services to a target market of small- and medium-sized businesses within 46...