GENERAL FUNCTION: Manages Point-to-Point Encryption and Tokenization Security products in accordance with accepted industry standards (ANSI, X9, PCI, NIST, etc) in order to organize sales, growth, penetration, and profitability. Develops long-term product plans, focusing on customers, competition, profitability, product life cycle, and service considerations. Works closely with Marketing, Sales, Account Management, relevant department heads, and their staff in developing enhancements, new product concepts, and preparing initial designs. Coordinates the activities of all corporate areas necessary to bring the product to market, develops financial operating plans, projects profit and loss, and is charged with achieving annual sales objectives for assigned products or areas.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor industry trends related to Vantiv products, including reading industry periodicals, web sites and other means necessary to be an industry expert.
• Develop relationships with key customers and internal sales organizations, ensuring that Vantiv products are competitive and that quality service is being provided.
• Maintain key relationship with vendor representatives. Responsible for keeping current on various MasterCard, Visa and/or network PCI compliance rules and regulations.
• Research competitor practices and pricing to ensure that Vantiv products are competitive in features and pricing.
• Develop and maintain product descriptions that describe each product offering, including how the products work from start to finish. Where appropriate, include flowcharts in the product description document.
• Establish annual goals and objectives for each product and develop management reports to track progress.
• Develop the components of and recommends the pricing guidelines for Vantiv products.
• Assist Finance with the development of annual budgets for Vantiv products and manage the overall P&L of the product line to ensure that revenue and margin targets are being met and expenses are within budget.
• Work with internal departments on issues related to development, implementation, training and ongoing servicing.
• Develop and maintain industry and vendor contacts.
• Develop and deliver presentations at industry conferences and forums
• Support sales and implementation teams through direct merchant discussion and consultation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Five (5) or more years relevant industry experience that should include payment processing, merchant environments, security product integration and dependencies, terminal deployment processes, secure key injection best practices.
• Understanding of product features benefits pricing, positioning, design and advertising.
• Well-developed communication, organization, and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature and the like.
• Extended viewing of CRT screen.
• Overnight travel may be required on a periodic basis.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY
Vantiv, Inc. (NYSE: VNTV) is a leading integrated payment processor for businesses and financial institutions, processing more than 12.9...