If you were given the opportunity to paint the future of ecommerce on a canvas of over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of the Fortune 1 Company behind you, what would it look like?
@WalmartLabs, Silicon Valley’s newest development lab, we're working on this exact challenge. Our mission is simple: innovate on retail with new technologies to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce.
We are a team of relevance/platform/application engineers, scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. The @Services team is responsible for building the global service layer that will enable the end-to-end customer experience, from finding the product to delivering it to the customer. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.
Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better: come be the newest member of the @WalmartLabs team!!
Our Senior Product Manager, Supply Chain Logistics opportunity:
As @WalmartLabs reinvents the eCommerce space, we also have the need to reinvent how we source, store and move product from our supply base to our customers. A core part of this role is to dive into the data and think of ideas and build the systems required to optimize how we distribute product and get it out of our warehouse and into the customers hands. On a daily basis you will be working with Engineers, Data Scientists and operators to innovate in this space, developing models, testing them and progressing them from pilot to production.
At Walmart, we have hundreds of distribution centers, thousands of stores and hundreds of thousands of packages, pallet and containers in our network: your job will be to figure out how you use the velocity and potential points of distribution, rearrange or add to them, and put the systems infrastructure in place that will drive down cost, reduce time in transit and deliver a delightful customer experience.
• Will endeavor to fully optimize our supply chain through fulfillment network optimization
• Develops and champions a product vision, strategy, and roadmap for a product area in support of corporate goals and objectives
• Drives the product discovery process for large, complex, and/or ambiguous projects
• Supports product implementation and deployment for large, complex, and/or ambiguous projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Product Management
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Bachelors degree and 6 years experience in product management, business consulting, or related field
• Retail and/or eCommerce experience preferred
• Experience with Fulfillment Network Optimization (sourcing, inbound warehouse management, etc.)
• 2 years experience in Agile methodology
• Experience in business intelligence/reporting solutions a plus
• Experience in developing internal tools (e.g. used by corporate business users) a plus
• Background in pricing management/optimization is a plus
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• Eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder
Walmartlabs - 7 months ago