Senior Product Manager- Private Cloud
• Overall product line management responsibility for Cloud Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, and High Performance Computing
• Manage the offerings including Single, Dual, Quad Processor Socket “Bare Metal“ dedicated servers and single-tenant compute Private Cloud platforms. Advanced hardware based Firewall, Load Balancers, and Networking elements are included. Frictionless, click-to-order experience for immediate activations of pre-configured hardware and development environments.
• Ensure products are financially viable and understand the financial impact of product changes
• Develop product positioning strategies and align with superior end-user cloud service experience
• Support prioritization of requirements across product line(s) that exhibit close cohesions with customer personas and use cases
• Provide strategic leadership and tactical delivery on projects while collaborating with IT, Engineering, sales, support, operations, vendors, and customers.
• Able to matrix manage teams/personnel who do not directly report to product team.
• Research competitors’ products, assesses competitive advantages and determine what product features and functionality will be built or modified
• Provide input to business development team on strategic service supplier negotiation, terms, and product enhancement requirements
• Understand and ensure goals are met within the product organization through daily and monthly KPIs
• Independently resolve issues and assist team with overcoming obstacles
• Contributes to or leads cross-functional company initiatives as needed.
• Own the IaaS Click to Buy Cloud Dedicated Servers and Private Cloud product feature roadmap.
• Serve as single point of contact for the product offering and interface with all Sales, Marketing, Analyst, and Customer stakeholders.
• Maintain current Dedicated Server and Private Cloud in market offerings.
• Release new features and major portfolio enhancements using Agile Scrum and program management skills
• Involved throughout the entire lifecycle of the assigned products, working closely with software development, engineering, marketing, and product teams from product initiation to delivery and eventual product retirement
• High level of energy as well as strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in creating new service cloud computing models
• Understands and stay current with industry trends, open source technologies, and IaaS Cloud computing models
• Demonstrate the ability to manage and quickly gain respect among subject matter experts within the company.
• Responsible for meeting the specified monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
• Responsible for updating management on progress and elevate any issues that need assistance with resolution.
• BS/BA or equivalent required; MS/MBA a plus.
• 8+ years of related product management and development experience.
• 5+ years of experience relating to Cloud Computing, Dedicated Hosting, Complex and Custom Services, Virtualization, Networking, Agile Product Management
• Up to 50% of travel.
• Proven track record of consistently achieving product management success.
• Excellent communication skills to include: verbal, written and presentation.
• Entrepreneurial drive.
• Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic.
• Exceptional organizational skills for the coordination of deal activities and flawless execution of business plans.
Progressive IT is dedicated to delivering the highest level of personal service with honesty, integrity and trust. We excel in providing the...