Senior Product Manager- Private Cloud
• Overall product line management responsibility for Cloud Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, and High Performance Computing
• Manage the offerings including Single, Dual, Quad Processor Socket “Bare Metal“ dedicated servers and single-tenant compute Private Cloud platforms. Advanced hardware based Firewall, Load Balancers, and Networking elements are included. Frictionless, click-to-order experience for immediate activations of pre-configured hardware and development environments.
• Ensure products are financially viable and understand the financial impact of product changes
• Develop product positioning strategies and align with superior end-user cloud service experience
• Support prioritization of requirements across product line(s) that exhibit close cohesions with customer personas and use cases
• Provide strategic leadership and tactical delivery on projects while collaborating with IT, Engineering, sales, support, operations, vendors, and customers.
• Able to matrix manage teams/personnel who do not directly report to product team.
• Research competitors’ products, assesses competitive advantages and determine what product features and functionality will be built or modified
• Provide input to business development team on strategic service supplier negotiation, terms, and product enhancement requirements
• Understand and ensure goals are met within the product organization through daily and monthly KPIs
• Independently resolve issues and assist team with overcoming obstacles
• Contributes to or leads cross-functional company initiatives as needed.
• Own the IaaS Click to Buy Cloud Dedicated Servers and Private Cloud product feature roadmap.
• Serve as single point of contact for the product offering and interface with all Sales, Marketing, Analyst, and Customer stakeholders.
• Maintain current Dedicated Server and Private Cloud in market offerings.
• Release new features and major portfolio enhancements using Agile Scrum and program management skills
• Involved throughout the entire lifecycle of the assigned products, working closely with software development, engineering, marketing, and product teams from product initiation to delivery and eventual product retirement
• High level of energy as well as strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in creating new service cloud computing models
• Understands and stay current with industry trends, open source technologies, and IaaS Cloud computing models
• Demonstrate the ability to manage and quickly gain respect among subject matter experts within the company.
• Responsible for meeting the specified monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
• Responsible for updating management on progress and elevate any issues that need assistance with resolution.
• BS/BA or equivalent required; MS/MBA a plus.
• 8+ years of related product management and development experience.
• 5+ years of experience relating to Cloud Computing, Dedicated Hosting, Complex and Custom Services, Virtualization, Networking, Agile Product Management
• Up to 50% of travel.
• Proven track record of consistently achieving product management success.
• Excellent communication skills to include: verbal, written and presentation.
• Entrepreneurial drive.
• Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic.
• Exceptional organizational skills for the coordination of deal activities and flawless execution of business plans.
Progressive IT - 15 months ago
Progressive IT is dedicated to delivering the highest level of personal service with honesty, integrity and trust. We excel in providing the...