Senior Production Support Engineer- Data Warehouse/BI
- Responsible for guiding and validating work of other team members, especially 3rd party vendors and act as a lead technical and subject matter resource for
Gap’s Data Warehousing and BI applications.
- Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting processing issues impacting timely availability of data in the data warehouse or delivery of critical reporting within established SLAs.
- Identifies and recommends improvements in production application solutions or operational processes in support of data warehouse applications and business intelligence reporting and information delivery assets (ie, dashboards, queries, static and dynamic reports, etc.)
- Provides administrative technical support for EDW Applications; assists with documentation and training. Provides expertise and guidance to other BI analysts and engineering, including 3rd party vendor resources as appropriate
- Focuses on the overall stability and availability of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Applications and the associated interfaces and transport protocols
- Researches, manages and coordinates resolution of complex issues through root cause analysis as appropriate
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with technical leads of key operational sources systems providing data to EDW / BI
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with technical leads of key infrastructure support areas, such as DBAs and system admins
- Ensure adherence to established problem / incident management, change management and other internal IT processes
- Ensures 3rd party vendors engaged in EDW / BI production support deliver on their responsibilities and conform to Gap’s established standards
- Responsible for communication related to any day to day issues and problem
resolutions in EDW / BI applications. Communication may include direct department management as well downstream application contacts and business partners.
- Ensures comprehensive knowledge transition from development teams on new or modified applications moving to ongoing production support
- Seeks improvement opportunities in design, solution implementation approaches in partnership with development team for ensuring the performance and health of the EDW and BI Applications
- Participates in production migrations and upgrades, develops processes for sustaining the EDW & BI environment and ensures implementation of the same
- Ensures timely and accurate escalation of issues to management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology
- Proven experience working with an off shore support team
- Previous experience working in a high paced, high pressure Production Support environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills for assessment of complex production support issues and recommend / implement effective solutions
- Previous experience in using IT Ticketing processes for managing incidents and issue resolution and conversant with established Change control / Change management standards
- Natural technical and functional curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- 7 + years of technical experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environments
- 2-3 years developing and supporting ETL using Infosphere Datastage
- 2-3 years developing and supporting applications using BI tools such as Microstrategy or Business Objects.
Microstrategy is a plus
- Advanced experience with PL/SQL required
- Possess a strong technology, data, and production support background
- Experience with various databases, Teradata preferred
- Extensive experience with production batch scheduling and monitoring
- 4 + years providing support in large multi terabyte data warehouse environments
GAP Inc - 9 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...