Senior Professional: System Analyst
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Mar 7, 2013, 8:02:05 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Designs, develops and implements new methods and procedures of the technical solution that meets the requirements of the project. Designs may involve major and highly complex systems. Assesses existing systems and recommends technical improvements (e.g., performance upgrades).
- Provides detailed documentation of moderately complex system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Recommends, establishes business case, and assists project manager and others in building acceptance of new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures. Conducts and provides moderately complex cost/benefit analysis for new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
- Defines system objectives and design specifications in collaboration with business analyst and/or project manager. May establish moderately complex operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation to enhance system efficiency. Maintains file servers and network access; documents and analyzes more complex system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Defines controls, conversion procedures and system implementation plans, may include user training and orientation.
- Assists in leading technical collaboration outside of project team, for example, company lines of service, client IT, vendors, subcontractors. Represents company in new technology planning and takes lead in assessing emerging technologies. Assists clients in articulating and defining their business requirements and assists in preparing the business case justification for technical investment decisions.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Four or more years of system analysis or systems development experience
- Experience working with several programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate systems analysis
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Good communication skills to interact with team members, support personnel, and provide technical guidance and expertise to customers and management
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
CSC - 21 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...