Essential Job Functions
- Provides system engineering support to include automated techniques for the design or modification of existing equipments and systems.
- Provides support for fielded systems, provides support for lab set up.
- Provides a structure for solving design problems and tracking requirements flow through design.
- Provides systems engineering expertise related to the hardware, software, integration, and capabilities of systems.
- Designs and develops integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
- Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons of software/hardware systems to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations and measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes potential systems investments and prepares supporting documentation for recommendation(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
- Provides escalated technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues; may provide on-call technical support telephonically and/or electronically.
- Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies and conducts testing to enhance performance.
- Conducts moderately complex projects or phases of significant projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assists in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with standard business practices. Develops and implements training tools and documentation.
- Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Performs repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Four or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming, or naval architecture.
- Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
- Experience working with design principles and applications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in time, priority, and task management
CSC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship,
marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. CSC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal
consideration for employment.
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, management, customers, and support personnel
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with highly complex technical problems
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...