Our clients have bright futures...you can too!
Fraser, a Minnesota non-profit organization provides comprehensive education, healthcare, and housing services to children and adults with special needs. It is our vision to build a world where all people have equal opportunity and choice to realize their dreams to live, work, learn and play as members of our community.
Senior Program Assistants coordinate daily living activities for our residents living in a group home setting, including:
1. Assisting with personal care including eating and in the bathroom, hygiene, and grooming
2. Administering medications
3. Documenting treatment
4. Helping with cooking and housework as needed
5. Accompanying residents on activities and medical appointments
6. Assisting supervisor with administrative tasks such as financial paperwork, ordering medication, activity planning, and setting appointments
Plymouth, MN: This location is home to four men, ranging in age from mid 40's to late 50s. Some of the diagnoses in this home include Downs Syndrome, Mental Retardation, Seizure disorder, in addition to other physical or mental concerns. Three of the men have mobility issues, requiring the use of a walker, wheelchair, and transfer belts. The residents enjoy activities such movies, sporting events, car shows and music. They are in need of a staff member who can keep them in the community as well as helping them with their daily living needs.
Monday 6 am-12 pm (noon), Tuesday 6 am-9 am and 3 pm-11 pm, Wednesday and Thursday 6 am-1 pm, Friday 6 am-11 am
1. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older with a high school diploma or GED.
2. Must have a minimum of six months of experience working with people who have developmental disabilities or related conditions.
3. Applicants must have a valid Minnesota driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
4. Applicants must have the ability to use clear and understandable written and verbal English.
5. Applicants must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
6. Applicants must have a passion for serving our clients, and have strong decision-making skills.
1. Post-secondary education
2. One or more years of group home experience or working with people who have developmental disabilities or related conditions
3. Proven leadership experience
4. Computer proficiency using Word and Excel and proficiency in keyboarding skills preferred.
5. Experience doing client financial documentation
6. Experience training and mentoring staff
This position is posted at www.fraser.org/employment until filled.
In addition to serving with passion for our clients, Fraser also has growth in mind. Our diverse range of services, our established partnerships within the community, the innovation used in providing services, and the foundational values of respect and quality lead Fraser to experience continued growth and success. In 2011, Fraser experienced approximately 5% employee growth. This gives us strength as an organization, even in tough economic times.
Fraser is proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
Fraser - 14 months ago