- Writes specifications that will meet the business needs, legal requirements, and comply with applicable standards.
- Ensures that all related applications are consistent with overall organization business strategies.
- Builds prototypes as part of a creative, iterative process for defining system architecture, design and user interfaces with our Business Analysts and business clients.
- Looks for ways to improve the development process.
- Designs, codes, tests, troubleshoots, and documents programs according to systems standards.
- Determines design strategy and provides systems design in a specialized and highly complex area.
- Interfaces with vendors to troubleshoot, apply patches, and ensure the effectiveness of vendor-supplied packages.
- Delivers work and solutions on time and in a team environment that builds trust and respect with both IT team members and our business partners.
- Provides technical mentoring for other team members and may assist in directing Programmer Analysts.
- Translates detailed business requirements into a comprehensive architecture, detailed design and a new application in support of business partners.
- Acquires an in-depth understanding of the business process and creates prototypes to share with business partners to ensure the end product will meet or exceed their needs.
- Collaborates with IT infrastructure specialists to leverage infrastructure capabilities and expertise in optimizing designs and applications.
- Assists project leadership in designing the approach for a project, estimating/planning, and setting technical direction.
Works with data and data analysis tools to answer business questions and create reports.
- Acts as a technical advisor to development groups, enhances existing business applications, and facilitates the definition of solutions to meet business requirements.
Must have 7+ years of experience as a Senior Programmer Analyst in Client Server/Web application development. Oracle database experience is also required. B.S. in Information Systems or related field required. Expertise in ASP. NET, VB.NET, VB 6, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, and Access is needed. Must have VB6 and Access Programming skills. Proficiency in the use of 3rd party development tool, Component One Active X Components is critical. Must have experience integrating applications with Microsoft SharePoint. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are essential. Team work and collaboration needed. Must be detail-oriented with the ability to understand the requirements and develop based on the specifications.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, creative self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and will have experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle. The ability to multi-task and to be effective on multiple projects at once is a must.
Synectics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JobServe USA - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard