McLane is a $44 billion dollar supply chain services leader, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores, and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery, McLane Foodservice and recent foodservice acquisition, Meadowbrook Meat company, Inc., (MBM), operates 80 distribution centers and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 90,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcohol beverage distribution via McLane Beverage Distribution, Inc., and its acquisitions of Empire Distributors, Inc., Horizon Wine & Spirits and Delta Wine & Spirits. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs 20,000 teammates globally. For more information, please visit www.mclaneco.com .
Technology Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Design, estimate, develop, document, and implement well tested solutions that satisfy the requirements of each application development request within the allocated time and budget for each request.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Create documentation where appropriate.
* Provide detailed status updates when needed.
* Log accurate information into the time-tracking system.
* Continuously learn new tools and environments and acquire new skills to maintain and enhance job performance.
* Ensure that the McLane methodology is followed.
* Ensure that requirements and development deliverables match the design specifications.
* Ensure that the test plans match the requirements.
* Ensure that the test results match the test plans.
* Provide high-level and detailed estimates.
* Create an appropriate Test environment for the project team to work with and validate the delivered solutions.
* Create high-level and detailed developer specifications.
* Develop and tests solutions using the McLane Development tools in the McLane environment that meet the McLane standards.
* Provide the appropriate implementation documentation for installs.
* Manage and execute the system-testing process and UAT process.
* Support the implementation and post-implementation activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must have:
o Technical skills - IBM Mainframe, MVS/TSO COBOL DB2/Stored Procedures, JCL.
o Subset skills - CICS Online, Data Transport FTP/MQ, Geac-Millinium, PacBase, AFP.
* Middleware services:
o Technical skills - UNIX/LINUX, ORACLE Application/Database, ORACLE PL/SQL, Java Applets/JSP's.
o Subset skills - Gentran, ASP, MQ, UDB, Printing-Forms Path, Handheld, C/C++.
o Subset skills - People Soft HR/Payroll/Benefits - People Code, Workflow, Forms, Reports - Java Portal/Applets/JSP's.
o Subset skills - Oracle E-Business Suite - Financials, WMS, Purchasing, Forms, Reports.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, related experience.
* 6+ years of IT related experience.
* Ability to work independently and with other team members.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
SQL, DBS/MFCobol, AS400, Cognos Experience, Oracle & Hyperion Experience. Need to be extremely strong in complex SQL. Development skills against the data warehouse and/or Operational Tables doing a variety of real-time and historical reporting to support the duties of the position. Candidate should have strong Excel and Access Knowledge.
Unix, TSO, MVS, VSAM and JCL a plus. 7+ years in BI/DW development. Project Management and strong analytical skills also desired.
* Office environment.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...