Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 13,700 units and over 1.6 billion operating hours in 96 countries. Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1.1 to 22 megawatts). Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines, founded in 1927, is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 6,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Project Coordinator at our Houston facility in Texas.
The project coordinator is responsible for supporting multiple Project Managers with the execution of Complex projects in the Houston office. The project coordinator reports to the Area Manager for Business Management in Houston. Typical duties include document control, Global trade compliance and revenue monitoring and customer invoicing.
The project coordinator will collect and analyze key trade data to support International Trade Compliance at Solar Turbines. In addition, the project coordinator will help execute all aspects of export compliance for Solar’s Construction Services operation including compliance with Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Work with Trade Compliance manager for assignment of Harmonized Tariff Code (HTS) for Solar Turbines Balance of Plant equipment.
- Work with freight forwarders and customs brokers in order to clear goods for export to Mexico.
- Work with equipment suppliers to ensure that key trade data, including Country of Origin is collected on a regular basis.
- Execute several Excel reports on trade data elements to support company requirements and monitor export levels.
- Perform annual Trade compliance audits in order to confirm that key trade data has been loaded into the Trade Automation system.
- Maintain import/export documents and records.
- Assist with data collection for Mexican customs clearance process. Written and spoken proficiency in Spanish required.
- Direct the day to day activities of several support personnel. Provide performance feedback to Area Manager.
Prior experience utilizing the following computer systems is required:
The ability to apply this knowledge to direct people of lesser experience in the performance of these systems is required. Prior experience developing training documentation required. This individual must be familiar with Solar's organization and processes in order to support the Project Manager in a wide-range of activities to accomplish contractual requirements. This individual must have prior experience with administrative aspects of BOP or EPC-type, and/or turbomachinery projects, preferably related to Oil & Gas business.
- Baan ERP – Ability to setup new projects, activity budgets and invoicing milestones.
- Trade Automation – Ability to upload Excel csv files, enter missing compliance data and generate shipping documents.
- OPD – Ability to setup project definition and revenue allocations.
- Microsoft Office – Including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Prior experience preparing shipping documents including Proforma Invoice, Shippers Letter of Instruction and NAFTA for land and sea based transportation to Mexico.
The position requires a 4 year Bachelor’s degree, a high productivity level and sense of urgency, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a customer-focused approach.
Ability to communicate with conversational & technical Spanish language required.
Note: Relocation benefits are not provided for this position
Local candidates will be given strong preference.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
Solar Turbines is an equal opportunity employer.
Solar Turbines conducts drug screens and background checks.
Please visit our website www.solarturbines.com for more information about our company.
See Job Description
Monster - 19 months ago