Under general supervision and following established policies, performs systems engineering assignments requiring a wide application of advanced principles, theories and concepts in the field plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines. Assists chief engineer with team coordination and planning, interfacing with program management and customers.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each):
- 25% - Develops rocket propulsion systems hardware and software requirements. Responsible for derivation and allocation of requirements and requirements change management. Defines and coordinates requirements verification plans and manages compliance assessment and certification.
- 25% - Coordinates project risk assessments and continuous risk management and prepares and reports results on compliance plans.
- 25% - Performs functional analysis and conducts system trade studies. Coordinates selection of optimized concept baselines through cost/benefit trades.
- 15% - Defines rocket propulsion system architecture and objectives.
- 10% - Communicates results in oral presentations and written communication.
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or appropriate discipline/science, and a minimum of five years' directly related industry technical experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience). Must have prior experience performing risk management function and experience with DOORS or equivalent requirements management software. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
This position may require relocation in the future.
Apply for this job:
Apply for this job online
E-mail a friend about this job
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Aerojet is an EEO Employer, M/F/V/D
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Looking for a career where you can make a meaningful contribution to groundbreaking aerospace and defense projects? There is no better place...