Mott MacDonald Inc (MM) is the North American entity of the UK-based Mott MacDonald Group and sister company to Hatch Mott MacDonald in North America. MM provides engineering design services to the Power Industry in North America and the world. MM’s offices in Houston, TX and Boston, MA consist of multi-discipline professionals with wide-ranging experience in the Power Industry. MM provides conceptual and detailed engineering of projects utilizing gas, coal, combined cycle, wind, solar, and biomass. MM provides services for substations, wind farms, relay controls, utility interconnects, etc. With a great deal of international recognition, our U.S. Power Division is growing. We are always on the lookout for talented engineers and project managers who strive to be at the forefront of innovation in electrical power.
Mott MacDonald Group's $1.5 billion employee owned business spans 140 countries on 6 continents with over 14,000 staff working in all sectors from energy and power, water, environmental, transport, industry, buildings, to health, education and communications. Our breadth of skills, sectors, services and global reach makes us one of the world's top players in delivering management, engineering and development solutions for our customers. We use our worldwide resources and experience to plan, design, procure and deliver projects on any scale; provide management consultancy built on technical know-how; and help shape and implement development policies and programs.
For a 6th consecutive year Mott MacDonald is a Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For – 1 of only 4 to appear 6 years running, and the only top ranked multi-disciplinary consultancy and engineering company on this year’s list having claimed 440 awards in 5 years.
Our Houston office is involved in energy projects ranging from transmission and distribution schemes to generation work for both conventional thermal generation as well as renewable energy projects.
Responsible for overseeing and performing power system studies on industrial and utility transmission/distribution systems including: stability (transient and dynamic), long/short range planning studies, short circuit, protective relays, load flow, harmonic analysis, arc flash, electromagnetic transients and other related studies. Good understanding of power system protection, power utilization equipment and application considerations including the various types of switchgear, protective relays, breakers, transformers, and generators is required. Will be responsible for managing projects and the technical review of tasks performed by subordinate electrical engineers.
Able to provide:
• Engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems;
• Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities;
• Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations;
• Continuous improvement of job-related, engineering technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance;
• Support of company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• Successful candidates will be qualified to a minimum of a four-year university degree with a Bachelor of Science or higher in Engineering with emphasis in power / electrical engineering preferred.
• 7 or more years experience in electrical system studies and protective relaying.
• Understanding of electrical engineering transmission and distribution theories and principles required.
• Experience in one or more of the following software packages: PSS/e, IPSA, EDSA, ETAP, PSCAD-EMTDC, PTW, DigSILENT.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• PE – Professional Engineer
Regular (US only)
Region / State
The Woodlands, TX
Mott MacDonald - 14 months ago
At Mott MacDonald we are always looking for the best people to join our company. We are a uniquely diverse range of locally based...