Leads a team of engineers and designers to develop one or more modular subsystems for mobile, commercial cleaning products:
- Creates new concepts to achieve functions of assigned mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems.
- Establishes subsystem performance targets and plans for evolution of these targets over time.
- Plans and executing research/development activities to establish and achieve technical evolution of assigned systems.
- Identifies and investigates technology developments relevant to assigned subsystems.
- Leverages laboratory and field test data to understand and manage design trade-offs.
- Collaborates closely with other subsystems teams and machine teams to achieve subsystem and machine program goals.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, government regulations, and customer contract requirements.
- Develops project plans and schedules. Tracks and reports progress to Senior Engineering Manager and Program Management.
- Works with internal and external suppliers to develop subsystem designs that achieve performance targets.
- Plans and executes prototype builds at the subsystem level.
- Supports prototype builds at the machine level.
- Plans and executes subsystem verification and validation testing.
- Supports production implementation of assigned subsystems.
- Documents subsystems design knowledge to ensure future value to the organization.
- Applies principles of engineering and science to achieve product designs at the subsystems level that deliver lasting competitive advantage.
- Plans and manages project spending to achieve goals within allocated funding.
- Creates engineering standards relevant to assigned subsystems.
- Creative / innovative problem solving.
- Self starter, able to successfully manage ambiguous design tasks.
- Broad technical knowledge in the design and development of mechanical and computer controlled electromechanical systems.
- Data based decision making / statistical analysis with a preference for sigma science training and/or experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to model and predict system performance based on engineering principles.
- Ability to coach and mentor engineering team members.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information to a variety of internal and external groups.
- Proficiency in CAD required with a preference for SolidWorks
- Ability to develop engineering standards.
- BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university (MS in Engineering a plus).
- Minimum of five years of mechanical design engineering experience
- Formal and/or Informal team or project leadership experience strongly preferred
- Mobile equipment experience strongly preferred.
- Human factors experience preferred.
- Six Sigma experience a plus, Black Belt preferred.
Tennant Company - 10 months ago
Tennant Company (Tennant) is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. The...