Use your domain expertise to support the development and growth of the GIS services business, an expansion of applications into new domains, in the transportation industry. You’ll work closely with our industry experts in professional services, sales, and marketing to meet Esri’s strategic goals regarding transportation-related software and services within federal, state and local, and international markets.
- Support the transportation services practice including business development, expansion into new application areas, and delivery of products and services to transportation industry customers
- Participate in a virtual team setting of on-site and remote transportation and application specialists
- Lead project teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment
- Work with customers to prepare multi-year enterprise GIS implementation and migration strategies
- Work with Esri’s transportation services practice manager and marketing and sales teams to develop new business and strengthen customer relationships
- Help customers develop and implement practical, state-of-the-art, Esri GIS technology-driven solutions to meet those needs
- Manage customer relationships and expectations
- Create and manage the scope, budget, schedule, and contractual deliverables through the application of planning, performance monitoring, quality assurance, change control, and risk management processes
- Manage subcontractors
- Bachelor’s in transportation engineering, planning, civil engineering, business, computer science, GIS, engineering, or related field, depending on position level (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of eight years of related practical experience in the position offered
- Proven program/project delivery experience for GIS/IT transportation solutions
- Knowledge of and ability to apply GIS technologies
- Professional services business development knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with the overall mission and operations of key transportation organizations,
such as the US Department of Transportation, state DOTs, local government, and commercial providers
- Familiarity with transportation industry functions, such as planning, traffic operations, safety, design and construction, permitting, asset management, linear referencing, environmental assessments, infrastructure monitoring and maintenance, and pavement management
- Experience with technology and information systems implemented and used within the transportation industry, such as CADD
- Proposal writing experience including preparing effective executive summaries and win themes, solution definition, scope of services, staffing, and pricing
- Ability to develop project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple activities/projects simultaneously
- Ten or more years of related practical experience
- Experience with Esri products to solve complex business problems
- Familiarity with RDBMS and geodatabase design using UML
- Familiarity GIS-T applications (linear referencing, roadway inventory, safety analysis,
highway performance monitoring, and performance monitoring)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri - 18 months ago
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...