SUMMARY: The Scrum Master/Project Manager, Level 3 leads and oversees one or more business and technology projects. The position provides leadership to a project team to enable successful implementation of projects/programs, actively identifies and documents best practices and provide mentoring and guidance to the team in Agile/Scrum Methodology and general project management to ensure the success of teams in delivering business value.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Applies advanced level knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology and general project management principles to provide mentoring to junior project managers and leadership to project teams;
• Leads one or more cross-functional projects (Agile and/or Traditional) guiding teams through all phases of the project life cycle managing risks, issues, and removing impediments blocking teams from achieving project goals on schedule and within budget;
• Mentors and trains Project/Scrum Teams, Scrum Masters, and/or Project Managers; Contributes to the development and champions the adoption of Agile/Scrum and project management practices;
• Consults with management and develops/reviews project proposals to determine goals, timeframe, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources; Coordinates recruitment or assignment of project personnel including assignment of duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority;
• Reviews each project deliverable and establishes criteria for evaluating the status of all deliverables; Reviews work and all project key decisions to ensure company objectives are met and execution of program/project budgets and schedules are approved; Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications; Interfaces with stakeholders to obtain objective assessments of Project Managers and gauge stakeholder satisfaction;
• Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation; Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required; Communicates progress through periodic status reports; Facilitates staff meetings and cross-functional team meetings to ensure communication and guidance are provided;
• Coordinates custom solutions with other departments in the organization; Maintains and develops strong working relationships with K12 Business Owners as well as internal Enterprise & Learning Technology groups.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directs the activities of one or more teams, each comprising 10-15 technology professionals and may directly supervise two (2) or more Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees and/or contractors in the Program Management Office. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree AND
• Three (3) years of experience as a Scrum Master
• Seven (7) years of combined experience in project and program management with at least ten (10) years overall IT experience OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Successful tracking and schedule compliance with large scale projects
• Ability to work across multiple job levels to achieve results
• Experience managing a project team of 10 or more people across multiple locations in a matrixed organization structure.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven manner
• Consistent success in leading teams to meet aggressive deadlines
• Outstanding time management and organization skills
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements to deliver projects more efficiently
• Demonstrated use of sound and proven project management and Scrum practices and tools, including excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Web proficiency
• Ability to pass required background check
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI ACP), or equivalent
• Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
K12 isn't a missing element from the periodic table, but it could help kids learn the periodic table. The company offers online...