Persons employed in this position are responsible for, but not limited to, managing a cross-functional team of professionals in the management of projects.
- Manage and direct a project team to define, plan and manage project milestone activities.
- Manage and coordinate activities between business units / functions to meet customers'' requirements and change control.
- Manage cost targets as set by senior management team.
- Oversee and prioritize the resource and asset allocation process to ensure project in the pipeline will be properly supported.
- Develop/improve project intake process ensuring completeness of request and eliminating the need for unnecessary revision.
- Responsible for providing regular updates to business partners and company leadership on project status and timeline.
- Ensure application of up-to-date project management principles and methodologies.
- Development and implementation of project related metrics
- Excellent time management skills.
- Exhibit understanding of the cross-functional relationships between inter-company groups and the expertise required to take a product through development and on to production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Rich knowledge on IT project life cycles, including requirements, staffing, scope definition, time, cost and quality.
- Prior experience/knowledge of IT project management in manufacturing company is highly preferred.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Able to work successfully in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment and effectively multi-task priorities in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements and schedules.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Project and/or other project management tools
- Knowledge of QAD Pricing and iQuote is preferred
- Bachelor''s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- PMI Certification a plus.
- A minimum of 5-10 years experience directly related to the responsibilities specified
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard