GES seeks a senior Scientist, Hydrogeologist or Agronomist to join our team.
Our selected candidate must possess oil & gas related remediation and compliance experience, experience working with the Oklahoma DEQ, and be a technical expert in the remediation of production fluid (i.e., brine, salt water) releases in order to restore agriculture lands to suitable crop production levels.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serves as primary client contact for GES’ oil & gas exploration projects
- Oversees a portfolio of oil & gas and land reclamation related environmental projects
- Reviews and approves project related documents and deliverables
- Provides senior level technical, project and financial management of investigative, remedial and compliance projects for Oil & Gas Exploration clients.
- Assesses subsurface characteristics for remediation projects, and regulatory negotiations
- Implements innovative land reclamation remediation techniques that do not require land excavation
- Authors site work plan and proposals for more complex scopes of work including comprehensive site characterizations, due diligence, and remedial action plans
- Manages client interaction and communicates with third party and regulatory agents regarding schedules and compliance issues
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Agronomy or a similar scientific major.
- 8-10+ years of related experience. Experience should include: investigation, assessment, reporting, remediation, and management of oil & gas related project sites including sites that contain hydrocarbon and salinity impact. In addition, experience in O&G compliance issues is required.
- Report writing, client interaction, and supervision experience is a must
- Must have advanced Oklahoma environmental regulatory knowledge (Oklahoma Corporation Commission & Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality) and advanced knowledge of the USDA Agricultural Handbook 60.
- Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, analytical, organizational, technical writing, and client service skills
- Drug/Alcohol Screening and a Background Check are required
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Apply To This Job
GES Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. - 15 months ago