Bring Your Full Talents to Work Every Day
Senior Project Planner – Transportation
Parsons is one of the world's largest transportation planning, engineering, and construction firms. We have an extensive portfolio of diverse transportation projects including rail and transit, road and highway, bridge and tunnel, and aviation infrastructure. Parsons expertise encompasses all phases of transportation engineering operations - from the initial planning stage through final design, construction, and commissioning.
Parsons connects communities by delivering safe and efficient transportation infrastructure all over the world.
Develops and implements a business plan for expanding market share and expands transportation planning services including multimodal transportation projects, freeway and arterial corridor improvements, transit facility design, preliminary design studies, traffic impact studies, parking studies, travel demand forecasting, non-motorized, and Travel Demand Management.
Serves as a Project Manager or Technical Lead that provides technical direction and manages a team of transportation planning professionals or working within multi-disciplinary teams on projects or studies for developments, cities, counties, transportation agencies, transit agencies and metropolitan areas or corridors.
· Provides staff development, quality control, project control and revenue reporting, and business development.
· Plans, directs, and supervises transportation planning staff on projects of large scope and complexity. Serves as a staff manager, technical leader, and a recognized expert in field of practice. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise. Monitors productivity and proficiency of assigned personnel. Establishes budget estimates and staffing requirements for defined scope and schedule. Tracks and reports project financials and manages quality control files.
· Reviews work produced by those assigned to ensure that all applicable policies, procedures, and regulations are followed, that current techniques are utilized, and that quality is acceptable. Engages services and manages outside consultants when warranted.
· Confers with local authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, and land planning and development specialists to devise and recommend arrangements of land and physical facilities for residential, commercial, transportation, industrial, and community uses. Provides advice and counsel regarding regulatory compliance issues.
· Serves as key contact for major clients. May serve on technical review boards, committees, and panels for projects which will have a major impact on a community or urban area.
· Develops and presents recommendations based on governmental measures for major projects affecting land use, public utilities, community facilities, housing, and transportation to control and guide community development and renewal.
· Prepares, coordinates, and facilitates public involvement and consensus-building meetings and workshops that are of high interest to the general public.
· Reviews and evaluates environmental impact reports, and recommends changes to overall project plan as appropriate.
· Maintains active membership in appropriate professional organizations and societies. Represents the Company at conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
· Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Urban/Environmental Planning or related field and 20+ years of related work experience. Experience with managing multimodal transportation projects, freeway and arterial corridor improvements, transit facility design, preliminary design studies, traffic impact studies, parking studies, travel demand forecasting, non-motorized, and Travel Demand Management. Experience with range of traffic modeling platforms for operations and planning.
Skills / Competencies
Working knowledge and proficiency in application of project and staff management principles. Expert knowledge of urban/environmental planning practices and procedures. Proficiency in utilizing PC and various software packages typically used in urban/environmental planning assignments is required. Also requires excellent written and oral communication skills, a thorough understanding of local statutes and environmental rules and regulations, and the proven ability for performing in a supervisory capacity on a project.
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,000 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 4,500 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 89 languages collectively, and hold more than 10,300 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons
' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
Parsons Corporation - 19 months ago
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...