Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) is one of the leading producers of polymers and high-performance plastics in North America and is part of the global Bayer MaterialScience business with nearly 14,700 employees at 30 sites around the world. Business activities are focused on the manufacture of high-tech polymer materials and the development of innovative solutions for products used in many areas of daily life. The main segments served are the automotive, electrical and electronics, construction, medical, and sports and leisure industries.
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life". Purchasing We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
No VISA sponsorship is affiliated with this position.
Please also note that salary and grade level will be commensurate upon experience and/or education level. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide strategic and global sourcing of industrial packaging (rigid and flexible packaging material) for the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) region and South America (Brazil).
The incumbent will:
The selected candidate is required to possess the following:
- Represent PAK in the Bayer MaterialScience (BMS) procurement management team and the Americas region in the global Packaging Procurement team;
- Ensure that the function is excellently sourced to support BMS to stay competitive in the marketplace;
- Pro-actively pursue market opportunities in order to achieve advantageous conditions, especially with regards to sourcing in low cost countries;
- Drive standardization to reduce complexity and total cost of ownership; coordinate innovation and technical optimization in close relationship to the packaging engineer within Global PAK;
- Coordinates as lead buyer global sourcing activities for a major packaging group;
- Target the coordination of BMS purchasing strategies for rigid and flexible packaging procurement, globally and regionally, with the strategies of the Business Units, global network development, staff development, risk management, availability of all relevant market and pricing information to the businesses; supplier management; contract management; QES management; eProcurement;
- Target customers† satisfaction; agreements settled; standardization achieved (e.g. on SPECS, suppliers, packaging);
- Drive initiatives to increase efficiency and reduce costs (e.g. through standardization);
- Close global or regional strategic negotiation in line with the defined sourcing strategy;
- Implement global contracts;
- Perform supplier evaluation and development while building senior management relationships with suppliers;
- Coordinate the global sourcing strategies with the BMS Business Units and their relevant representatives/sections in the regions;
- Filling plants and Supply Chain Center: Ensure packaging supplies according to stakeholder's needs;
- Coordinate global activities and tenders/contracts with the local procurement organizations in the region;
- Reinforce standardization initiatives regionally;
- Represent the Americas region in the global packaging Procurement team, cooperate closely with other regions, and drive sourcing from Asia in this team and co-ordinate the regional activities.
- Technical BS Degree in Science or Business related field with 8+ years† of related experience or Technical MBA/MS Degree in Science or Business related field with 6+ years of related experience;
- Good professional knowledge and understanding of the related markets;
- Good communication skills in English but written and oral;
- Good team player and team leader;
- Proactive, responsible and efficient.
- Technical BS Degree in Science or Business related field with 10+ years† of related experience or Technical MBA/MS Degree in Science or Business related field with 8+ years of related experience;
Bayerjobs.com - 11 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...