The primary focus of this role is to code T-SQL scripts based on technical design specifications for ETL (SSIS), Cube (SSAS) and Report (SSRS) logic for the data warehouse. The output of this code is compared with the output of the code written by developers to determine any developer code defects or data issues. If there are defects, the person in this role will need to troubleshoot and aid in finding the root cause. The logic for the ETL, Cube or Report can be very complex so strong SQL and T-SQL coding skills are required.
In addition, this role will be required to write test strategies, SQL or T-SQL test scripts and final QA reports for each Fact and Dimension. These documents need to be detailed and well written so that other QA Analysts are able to understand what was tested and the results.
- Write SQL and T-SQL scripts to replicate ETL, Cube or Report logic.
- Translate business and technical requirements into Test Strategy and Test Script documents that detail how the ETLs, Cubes and Reports will be validated.
- Compare the results of manually written SQL and T-SQL scripts with the results of ETLs, Cubes and Reports to identify issues such as coding errors, source system data issues, and requirements discrepancies.
- Accurately log defects and document test results using Quality Center tool.
- 5+ years of experience coding SQL and T-SQL in a Business Intelligence QA Analyst role
- Minimum 2 years hands on data warehouse experience.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented to research and determine root cause of coding, data or other issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Quality Center tool and Visual Studio experience is nice to have
- PL-SQL and Management Studio experience is nice to have
- Experience/familiarity with Microsoft Office, various internet browsers a must
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be able to work alone or as a member of a team
- Ability to deliver results in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 36,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 16 months ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...