Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than seventy software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Quality Assurance / Data Analyst to join our growing and dynamic team in the Washington, DC Office.
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
The Senior Quality Assurance / Data Analyst will plan, design and execute the testing of data-driven applications for AIR's Analysis and Reporting systems. This will include providing technical direction to a testing team. The Analyst will be responsibile for defining the proper test strategy and plan is required with a special focus on large, complex data sets, data transformations, and transfer mechanisms.
- Define and build the test strategy, plan, and test cases to guarantee that all data flowing within and across the Analysis and Reporting systems are covered.
- Identify problematic areas on ETL processes, data workflows, data transformations, and data exceptions.
- Design and write scripts that generate sample data that is representative of Production data.
- Design and write scripts that test verifications of the systems’ extraction/insertion and transformation logic.
- Track data elements from source through transformation to target.
- Analyze and problem-solve issues with these systems as they relate to the integration and management of student test data.
- Analyze the applications from the point of view of data combinations necessary to guarantee all its paths are covered.
- Reliably analyze requirements, design, reporting and testing specifications to maintain a comprehensive test suite for the Analysis and Reporting Systems. Define flexible regression suites depending on deployment details, available test windows and execution resources.
- Provide technical direction in the work of other testers on the team.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Analysis and Reporting databases, system dependencies and interfaces between them.
- Provide hands-on participation, leadership and management of the testing activities and available resources.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to team members and management.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- At least 4-6 years of data analysis experience with a focus on: data coverage, data warehouses, interfaces, and data transfer mechanisms.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with any programming language.
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development.
- Understanding of XML and SQL.
- Extensive experience using SQL for writing test scripts, generating data, and analyzing large datasets.
- Experience in data mining techniques and procedures and knowing when their use is appropriate.
- Experience with test automation tools such as Visual Studio Team Suite or QTP is preferred.
American Institutes for Research - 2 years ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...