Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Quality Assurance / Data Analyst to join our growing and dynamic team in the Washington, DC Office.
The Senior Quality Assurance / Data Analyst will plan, design and execute the testing of data-driven applications for AIR's Analysis and Reporting systems. This will include providing technical direction to a testing team. The Analyst will be responsibile for defining the proper test strategy and plan is required with a special focus on large, complex data sets, data transformations, and transfer mechanisms.
• Define and build the test strategy, plan, and test cases to guarantee that all data flowing within and across the Analysis and Reporting systems are covered.
• Identify problematic areas on ETL processes, data workflows, data transformations, and data exceptions.
• Design and write scripts that generate sample data that is representative of Production data.
• Design and write scripts that test verifications of the systems’ extraction/insertion and transformation logic.
• Track data elements from source through transformation to target.
• Analyze and problem-solve issues with these systems as they relate to the integration and management of student test data.
• Analyze the applications from the point of view of data combinations necessary to guarantee all its paths are covered.
• Reliably analyze requirements, design, reporting and testing specifications to maintain a comprehensive test suite for the Analysis and Reporting Systems. Define flexible regression suites depending on deployment details, available test windows and execution resources.
• Provide technical direction in the work of other testers on the team.
• Develop a strong understanding of the Analysis and Reporting databases, system dependencies and interfaces between them.
• Provide hands-on participation, leadership and management of the testing activities and available resources.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to team members and management.
• Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
• At least 4-6 years of data analysis experience with a focus on: data coverage, data warehouses, interfaces, and data transfer mechanisms.
• At least 2 years of hands-on experience with any programming language.
• Technical expertise regarding data models and database design development.
• Understanding of XML and SQL.
• Extensive experience using SQL for writing test scripts, generating data, and analyzing large datasets.
• Experience in data mining techniques and procedures and knowing when their use is appropriate.
• Experience with test automation tools such as Visual Studio Team Suite or QTP is preferred.
American Institutes for Research - 30+ days ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts behavio...