RMS is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Back End Quality Engineer to join the team. The ideal candidate would be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills. He\She should be able to understand software internals, debug problems using a variety of techniques, and write automation with Python or Perl scripts and user-level tools. They will be entirely comfortable with the Linux operating system, and are confident using and configuring Linux installers. Experience managing highly scalable cloud deployment is highly desired.
- Build out our test framework for managing company solutions in public\private clouds
- Ensure that our software and services are maintained to the highest level of availability and reliability
- Working with the development teams to ensure that non-functional requirements relevant to operations are clearly articulated and delivered
- Drive continuous integration and continuous deployment initiatives
- Lead functional troubleshooting efforts
- Strong problem solving skills in UNIX and/or Windows environment.
- Experience with Enterprise level SAAS products
- Experience testing and troubleshooting Cloud-based applications
- Experience with large scale hosted infrastructure and web services
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience working in a mixed environment: Linux & Microsoft Windows
- Experience and comfort working in an Agile environment
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (with Hudson or similar)
- Experience with test automation (functional, configuration, backend)
- A strong desire to drive process improvement by example
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science graduates will be preferred
- Big Data Processing
- Experience in Informatica, Micro Strategy, MS SQL, Mongo and/or Vertica
- Performance and scalability experience a plus
- Catastrophe modeling / insurance / actuarial background a plus
- Should be comfortable doing code review sessions with peers
Located in Newark, California, Risk Management Solutions is the world's leading provider of products and services for the quantification and management of catastrophe risk associated with earthquake, hurricane, windstorm, flood, pandemic disease and terrorism peril events. In 1988, RMS launched with an innovative approach to risk management that has since broadened to a portfolio of regional peril models and enterprise platform solutions to further solidify our position as the industry leader in catastrophic modeling and insurance risk management. Contributing to the company's success is our ability to hire top talent and empower employees to anticipate and act on new opportunities. Even with our tremendous growth, RMS has retained its entrepreneurial culture and single-minded focus on developing industry leading models and analytic applications to help clients make the best decisions in mitigating financial risk. Today, RMS remains the industry leader in catastrophic risk modeling as we continue to build a cutting edge, high-performance Enterprise Platform to set the standard in risk management.
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...