We are working with an insurance group, more specifically with their fast-growing variable annuity hedging team with $90bn AUM. We are looking for a programmer who knows how to model, rather than a modeler who knows how to program/code.
The purpose of the quant risk developer is support the modelers by developing software and frameworks to implement risk models. You should have a solid C++ programming experience as well as scripting experience (Perl/ Python) & Linux (back-end)/ Windows (front-end). You should have some cross-asset product/derivatives exposure. You will contribute to discussions of technical designs and implement plans for such designs. Additionally, you will be translating, formatting, and integrating technical model requirements into code.
Also, the team is fast-growing, yet very cohesive. Members are bright but also like to have a good time as demonstrated by the ping pong table in their workplace. This is a great opportunity since the chances of success are extremely high. Although this group’s focus is on risk minimization, they have had gains for the firm in the past 12 quarters!
Keywords: quantitative risk, risk developer, hedging, variable annuity, annuities, exotic, futures, swaps, options, insurance, quantitative risk, stochastic calculus, statistics, C++, Perl, Matlab, Excel, GPU, CUDA, Linux, Windows, Philadelphia
- Min MS in quantitative discipline
- Min 2+ years of risk management/ developer experience (previous software developer/engineer experience preferred)
- Min 5+ years of professional experience (financial + software engineering)
- Financial product knowledge: cross-asset, variance swaps, total return swaps, futures, options, swaps (exotic & vanilla derivatives)
- Quantitative skills: demonstrated knowledge of stochastic calculus, statistics, Monte Carlo simulations (ability to translate advanced mathematical concepts into code)
- Technical skills: C++, Perl, Matlab, MySQL, Excel/VBA, Linux, Windows
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies
- Preferred: experience with variable annuities & GPU/CUDA programming
Although preferable, we do not require a CV, please feel free to get in touch regarding this role to talk to a member of the team to discuss this role. For more current openings with our clients, please see www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
We welcome speculative and tentative applications roles and others of a similar nature that we may have available on our books.
6. Applying: email@example.com
Contact: James Friend on +44 (0) 203 141 8000
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
While a resume is preferable we also welcome tentative enquiries from well-qualified persons. To speak with an agent please contact one of our regional offices using the contact details listed below. Utmost confidentiality and discretion is assured.
LOS ANGELES | 1.310.807.5025
10877 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90024 | Office Hours: 6.00-21.00 PDT
NEW YORK | 1.212.763.8333
1325 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10173 | Office Hours: 9.00-21.00 EDT
LONDON | 0203.141.8000
Westminster Tower, London, SE1 7SP | Office Hours: 8.00-20.00 GMT
HONG KONG | 852.3678.6738
2 Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central | Office Hours: 9.00-21.00 HKT
VISIT US | www.g-q-r.com | www.g-t-r.com | www.gqrgm.com
GQR Global Markets
For the latest vacancies, please join our group on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1615777&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr
QuantFinanceJobs.com - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard